ICE & HFT music comes and goes ??

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by micko, Monday 24th Aug, 2015.

1. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    hi boys.

i have a bit of a problem with my music. its comes and goes and is getting on my nerves. the sound just stops. thn when i pull a bit on the door card the music starts again and when i let go its stops. if i open the door 10cm its starts agian then its stops when i close. and sometime its just needs a good slap on the door and its starts,

what can it bee.

a little video with the door card.

http://vid394.photobucket.com/albums/pp21/micko1313/20150820_180707_zpsymf8ulrv.mp4

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Loose connection on speaker or multi plug or the wire is broken and only making a connection when you pull the door card.
    You will have to take it off and check.

Chunkylover53 and SpeedyGee like this.
  3. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    if its a loose connection on the speaker wouldent it only be the one speaker and not all of them.

4. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

But like @Nels said it could be a loose connection on the multiplug which seems most likely now

5. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    I will have a look at the multiplug.

6. Peterbfd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Peter Bradford
    I had a speaker fitted that the system did not like (same spec but just a different make to the others after an upgrade) and it turned off 5 of the 10 speakers in the car.
    I also found this odd which took me a while to figure out.

The systems are certainly not as simple as we all expect, I agree you would expect just the single speaker not to work and all others to be fine but will most likely be sorted once you find the bad connection