ICE & HFT Music via Bluetooth - possible?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by bijomaru, Monday 15th Dec, 2014.

1. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    In my 7th Generation ended up using FM transmitter.

Had a Skoda Rapid some time ago as a hire car and it had a very nice feature of music playback via Bluetooth, including track control.

Is it available in 8th Generation Accord or does it need Xcarlink for the functionality?

If that is not possible, am I correctly recalling it has an iPod interface? Which version is that?

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

To the best of my knowledge, my 8th Generation (EX) can't do music via Bluetooth.

It does have a cable (in the armrest) to connect it to an iPod, not that I've ever tried it. I prefer CDs...:Grin:

3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Majority of systems that allow bluetooth to stream music to them generally result in poor quality audio due to the compression which is required for the bluetooth to stream the information across, as well as sucking battery life of the device dry.

Easier to use a cable in my opinion

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My 8th Generation can't play music via bluetooth.
    At first I thought it's my phone but it works fine in my VW van (strangely enough)
    Never tried cable because they are not supported for Android.

5. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

So since I've now got an Android phone, with micro-USB connection, that won't work for me I guess.

Is the cable in Accord for the old 30 pin interface or new 'Lightning' cable for iPods?

Skoda's Bluetooth wasn't so bad, and it means I get to use the collection of offline Spotify music I have on my phones anyway.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    There's quite a few topics covering this Rob, use the search :Smile:

7. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Ah the search ... :Wink:

I can see now it's actually just an USB connection so any iPod/iPhone should do, except for the really old ones.

I wonder why this wouldn't then work with an Android. I was under impressions it's an actual iPod only interface, with the cable/dick built in into the car.

Couldn't see any Bluetooth connection for music question though so glad I've asked that :Smile:

8. Karl_T Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Karl_T UK
    You can probably do what I've done in my Alfa. Buy yourself a Belkin bluetooth receiver, plug the 3.3mm stereo output into the aux in and power the Belkin doofer off the USB adaptor. Works a treat. You just need to make a USB to mini jack adaptor for the power. Bought the bits from maplin.

9. Kieren Shepherd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kieren
    By Mini Jack do you mean Mini Usb?

I've got a similar item, but a rather shoddy one to be honest. Cuts out when it feels like it!

If it is a Mini Usb i think i'll be getting one of these!

Cheers

10. Karl_T Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Karl_T UK
    No its more like a Maplin L48AY. You wire it onto a std usb lead. I just got an old USB extension and hacked the female end off and soldered this jack on. Hey presto 5v dc supply to feed: Bluetooth® Music Receiver | Buy Now Then you just connect the 3.5mm stereo lead from this to the aux in in the car.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just going off on a tangent here , if you guys buy a new Honda with audioless you can stream music over Bluetooth.

12. Karl_T Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Karl_T UK
    2014-12-30215718_zps7a4ae0eb.
    These are the bits I use. Just needs a bit of DIY on the USB power. :0)

13. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Can't find a lot about this. Which models is this featured in?