Off-Topic Music videos

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nighthawk, Sunday 18th Jan, 2015.

1. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Following @tviracing comment about parents (which I agree with wholeheartedly), I thought I would stick a link to the video that I mentioned. This video hits me hard everytime I hear it. I am a huge music lover, mainly of the 80s,90s era as I love rock. Music is a huge part of my life, even now, one of the few things that can relax me. I have so many songs which are special to me.

I thought it would be an interesting idea to see what others taste is music like, the songs which take you back to a certain point in time everytime you hear it.

Il start - listen to the words, words any parents should hear about whether they should spend time with their kids or not:

2. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    awesome havent listened to that in an age
    being a fully fledge dinosaur I've never down loaded music and hardly ever listen to music in my car (they play their own kind of music )........................ my time is in a quiet room at home with hundreds of original vinyl time travelling back through the 80s,70s,60s and the 50,s

Nighthawk likes this.
  3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I find most of the recent secular music over the past decade really quite boring and monotonous. Old songs used to have a story behind them, an ideology that you can absorb, consider and implement into your life if it was appropriate. Music nowadays is missing that.

FirstHonda likes this.
  4. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    two of my most memorable music events the first being in the past around the year AD. was seeing the rolling stones at bristol football ground support was the young tina turner what a blast two shows in one and the energy of these acts were second to non and i believe never to be seen again in modern bands of today
    the second was seeing an evening with eric clapton at the albert hall managed to get tickets which normally sell out the year before !!!! unbelivable i would sell my soul for tickets if they ever were available again

5. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Sorry to kill the mood, but this one hits me every time
    - - - Updated - - -
    I love to watch this one, just gets so good toward the end.

Nighthawk likes this.
  6. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

Would like to link The Prodigy "smack my b**** up" but that would be a ban for me! :Banned:

John Dickson and Nighthawk like this.
  7. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    go on i dare you :Grin:

8. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This one is one of my favourite when i was young lad and cough cough smoking days.

John Dickson likes this.
  9. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    in those hazy days i remember a really classic by war and when they linked it to this riskay movie it all kinda made sense

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    While driving around I only ever really listen to obnoxious loud underground hip-hop, or heavy metal.

But fingerstyle guitar is my thing, Tommy Emmanuel is an eccentric nutcase, and also one of the most talented on the planet:

I've never been able to learn one of his pieces from back to front. Worth catching "Classical Gas" on the above, his version is insanely compared complicated to the original (which I can just about manage rofl).

ACC-CDI-2T likes this.
  11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

80's or early 90's for me...oh to be this young and pretentious again... :dance::party:

Lloyd Cole, Billy Bragg, Kirsty McColl, Elvis Costello, The Style Council, The Smiths, The The...still listen to it all now.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is only one electric guitar god in my books, the God that is Jimmy Hendrix

John Dickson likes this.
  13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

It's generational I guess. Johnny Marr for me, although I've never been a fan of rock guitar. Does it make me sound really old if I say it just sounds like noise?!?! :Grin:

My father always said Django Reinhardt was the best guitarist.

John Dickson likes this.
  14. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

New Order for me, but you can always find one of the earlier Ministry of Sound CDs in the car. I have very strange music tastes. :Drums:

15. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ACDC Let There Be Rock 1977 Bon Scott era. Can't beat ACDC with Bon Scott. Brian Johnson is a legend but Bon Scott was the man.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I think it was watching Django Reinhardt that inspired Tony Iommi to keep playing guitar after he lost the tips of his fingers in an accident at work.

ACC-CDI-2T and AccordCU2 like this.
  16. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

For some reason it won't play in full screen but you can't beat a bit of Thin Lizzy....

AccordCU2 likes this.
  17. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just been watching Saxon. A New wave of British Heavy Metal classic!

- - - Updated - - -
    Alien Ant Farm version of Smooth Criminal is class.

FirstHonda likes this.
  18. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Not a fan of heavy rock or metal, but I had forgotten how brilliant that AAF cover (and video) was :Smile:

Excellent stuff John, thanks for posting :clap:

John Dickson likes this.
  19. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I have a very varied taste in music. It would be difficult to state a 'favourite'. I tend to play music to match my mood, or alter it.
    I grew up in a house where music was an almost constant companion. The 'Stereo Radiogram' had pride of place. (That's a valve radio and stereo gramophone record player in a large, symmetrical wooden cabinet)
    Hmm. That does make me sound old. Did anyone else have one, or remember them?

A smashing selection of videos above.
    I'll have to have a little think for a suitable addition...

20. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I remember my parents' 1960s Roberts Radio and Dansette record player........

This isn't either of them but just to give you an idea....

30036-aacd45faaf584fce95aa5cf23bd6fd47. 6a00d83451cbb069e20133f562f46c970b-800wi.

ACC-CDI-2T and Nels like this.