Introductions My 1st Honda

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Robaloy, Friday 15th Mar, 2013.

1. Robaloy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi just thought I would say Hi, my partner talked me into buying a Honda after years of singing their praises, we have a 58 plate Accord Tourer EX with all the bells and whistles and I must admit it is a lovely car, I just hope it is more reliable than the crappy Renault Laguna I put up with!

IMAG0420.

:Wave:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Robaloy, I love the look of the 8th Generation Accord Tourers they look superb.

Is yours an I-DTEC ? If so do some reading up on how to look after the DPF. Other than that, just enjoy the car my friend :Smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Here's some info: Engine & Gearbox - 8th Generation DPF How Does It Work? • Honda Karma

Note the point about using correct engine oil.

3. Robaloy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for that SpeedyGee, yep mine is the I-DTEC so I will certainly look into the issues with the DPF, my intention is to have it regularly serviced by Honda do you think I need to do any extra myself, or just watch out for the warning lights?

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    My diesel knowledge isn't that hot but from what I gather constant short journeys that don't allow the DPF to get upto temperature aren't good news for the DPF, if your doing these make you get some journeys that will allow the DPF to get upto full temperature and allow the regen to complete. Again, plenty of info on here about.

If I were you even though your getting the servicing done by a Honda dealership, keep a close eye on what oil there are using for the service and make sure is it a DPF compliant oil.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC Rob :Hey: nice looking Tourer