General My 7th Generation Tourer has had a rear end shunt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ichiban, Friday 5th Oct, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    My pride and joy and my old car now Helen new car was involved in rear end shunt yesterday .:Sobbing:

I was at this traffic light stationary waiting for the lights to turn green ,In the front of me this a tatty W reg Ford Focus.The Focus shoots off rapidly accelerating from green lights then all off a sudden this chap gets the anchors on and comes to a full dead stop for no reason... when there was nothing in front of him.

Naturally I slammed on the brake by this time the ABS on my car went into overdrive with the brake pedal pulsating and vibrating like crazy I managed to stop my car safely well shot of Focus... a few seconds later I was rear ended by the car behind me. I was in pain when that car hit me she was doing an easy 25-30 mph. Got out of the car all dazed and livid and I wanted to have a few carefully worded words with this Focus driver.He quickly moves to the side jumping around his car to see for any damage, with me yelling at him. Now I can be be a very intimating person when I am wound up and angry,it takes a lot to get me to that state this chap got the wrong end of my anger and he didn't half get a piece of my mind.

Then he started to scanning the front my car for damaged I quickly took snaps of my car and his car to be sure there was no come back to me. When the Focus driver soon realised there was nothing he could he wanted to get off, not before I had my final say

" Your Christmas bonus has just been cancelled don't even think of claiming you won't have a leg to stand on " his face was a picture he realised I had clocked on to him he got into his car quickly and did a runner.

Now I quickly paid attention to the lady who hit me she was all shook up and in state of shock so it took some time for her to come around and reassure her it ok. I called her husband reassured him that his wife was ok and nothing to worry about. I emailed him the picture of the Focus and we both should tell our insurance companies for the same and let them deal with it.

We exchanged the our details I made note of the street name road conditions made a drawing of the scene and road and left the scene.

My car has taken a good shunt with the tailgate all misaligned and hard to shut.. gutted.

photo(4). photo(2).

2. dva5230 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I also love my 7th Generation Accord dearly, and I feel for you. Thank you for posting here though; as a young and fairly safe driver, I have zero experience with what to do after a collision/incident such as yours. From reading this, I have learned to quickly take photos of the cars, licence plate, damage (or lack thereof), and surrounding area in case the other drivers try to take advantage of the situation. If anything should happen in the future, I now have a better idea of what to do--document as much as I can about the incident while it is still observable and fresh in my mind. If nothing else, your experience and this post has helped a teenager be more prepared for the unexpected when it happens. A hat-tip to you for sharing. :Hey:

3. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

yes I was less than pleased when you rang me as we'll!!!! You weren't even meant to be driving MY car!- your banned

Ichiban likes this.
  4. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    CJ and H I am gutted for you. That motor was a proper Diamond!

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Got back to my mate place and made a coffee by this time my head was killing me and my eye to hand co-ordination all over the place.

But I had to get on with the task of arranging the car to be repaired and informing insurance companies. At 09:10 I called Holdcroft Honda and asked Steve the service manager how should I approach is getting the car repaired back at the dealers. He advise me to ring Honda Happiness Accident Assistance number 0800 521 728 and it was the best advise EVER anyone has given me!!

This is a brief summary of the events

09:20 I called the number gave all the details of the accident and asked if my car could go to the dealers I trust and this was not a problem with them.

At 10:30am AA man man arrives at the location to recover my car.The car was loaded perfectly will all precautions and care and attention. :GoodJob: AA well impressed and the AA man was a really pleasant chap.

11:00 the AA man leaves me for Holdcroft Honda Body shop.

11:05 Holdcroft Honda Body shop rang me said they have received notification of my accident and they knew the car was on it way to them they give me their details if I need to get in touch with them.

11:15 Called my insurance company and told them the same.

11:45 Accident exchange calls in to say they sourcing for me a like for like Accord with sat nav as a courtesy car.

14:10 Holdcroft Honda body shop ring me to advise the car has arrived and they are beginning the process of creating the estimate.

14:50 Accident exchange calls apologising they don't have an accord but will get a 62 reg Accord to me next morning at 10:00

15:50 Email response from Honda Happiness Accident Assistance with reference number and access to online case management to view progress of the claim.

Today 10:00 on the DOT the courtesy car arrives.

11:20 Call from Holdcroft the car repairs have been authorised by the 3rd party insurer and they are beginning the process of repair.

I have to say to all Honda owners out there use Honda Happiness Accident Assistance Programme, if you are involved in a incident god forbid use them... they are FANTASTIC ! The speed and swiftness of the entire operation is nothing short of excellent.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks bud.. after spending 3.5 hours in A&E for a 15 minute consultation put things in perspective. I couldn't sleep last night think the car will be written off as the cost of spares for the rear end of tourer are horrific. The damage to my car is £3500.00:Aghast:

I am glad it won't be written off and it will be repaired a Honda approved body shop with Honda parts with Honda only trained technicians.

7. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ah well no point crying over spilt milk!!

8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    3.5 hours they must have been quite !
    Joking aside I am gutted for you, im pleased they are going to repair it though it is just to nice a car to write off. I am the same as you I don't think i would sleep knowing what was in the balance ...

H very true and im sure that CJ is much better than a mint 7th Generation 2.4 with all the toys and sexy alloys polished to the 9s :Smile:

No honestly i am just pleased your ok mate would very a tough car to replace but much much easier than you !

Glad your ok bud.

9. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Glad you are still in one piece mate and that it's getting sorted so smoothly...get that chump reported.

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry to hear this bud,i know how much you love that car.
    Main thing you are ok everything else can be repaired.

Ichiban likes this.
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Just make sure you leave that valuable 2 second gap in front. i don't want to sound to be preaching but with run up to Christmas there is a lot people out there who want to have hard cash and they will do anything to catch anyone not paying attention.

These people have perfected the art of catching you unaware, beware of old tatty cars and keep your distance.

I have already reported a case for dangerous driving but with no creditable witness my story is hear say and difficult to prove.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I know even the receptionist at A&E said you will be seen quickly tonight but I will be looking at bupa family cover via work in January.

NHS is on a slow decline the days of unlimited cheques funded by labour are gone and we will go to the American system soon.

As soon as Obama loses the elections the republicans will scrap the free for all so will we.. Anyway what happened has happened , if they car doesn't feel the same it will be gone which will hurt me no end.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am not happy with the way he caught me napping to be honest I am so aware of such scam artist. The only thing which caught be off guard was the low morning sun the haze is blinding and at time you misread the cars location and movement.

The pictures of my car just show how low the morning sun is coming toward autumn mornings. I have reported him I won't hold my breath .I was his intended victim but the poor lady will foot the bill for no fault of her own.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I love that 07 more than my 8th Generation and I have been in disbelief a red neck has had the better of me. I don't know if the car will ever be the same for me ..:Sobbing:

HH have promised they will take loads of pictures for the repairs so I am in the loop.