Accord/8th Gen My 8th Generation I-DTEC With Sports Kit

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by TheDarkKnight, Sunday 4th Mar, 2012.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Greetings all.

Just thought I'd share a few recent images of my new body kit I had fitted from the superb folks at HH.

Bit hard to tell from the pics, but I don't think the car needs lowering. Would like to procure the 18" Type-S wheels rather than the other 18" ones Honda lists. Next project is just a visual exhaust tip, which I have been meaning to do for ages but just never gotten around to doing.

Car hasnt been washed or detailed so excuse the filth! (Sodding weather doesnt help either!)

Enjoy!

Last edited: Monday 22nd Sep, 2014
    Ichiban likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Looks smashing I wish Honda would make the sports grill compatible with the millimetre radar behind the H logo. Then that completes the sporty look on the 8th Generation,

Zoran has the entire kit on his car and it looks the BUSINESS.

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Very nice Saj.Can i recommend Delta wheels,they really look nice on my car.

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes I have seen Zorans car and it looks fantastic. And yes its a bit of a shame the sports grille isnt ADAS-compatible, but maybe future revisions to the line up could change that.

I dunno Zoran. I don't like the Storms or Delta's to be honest. I do however have a craving for the Type-S wheels, as well as the ones listed in the sticky but it seems they're not compatible with diesels.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Saj

Flash alloys are very rare and are not known that well as of yet.we have seen them on a 7th Generation accord and they look really nice. Alternatively wait for the 2013 accessories they will be here in 4-5 months they will be newer designs .

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes those look the bizzo as well. At the moment, I am quite happy with the OEM ones now. They don't look out of place and in my opinion they suit the car well. Although waiting for newer designs is definitely an option.

7. dl0205 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    I was right your car is a gem!:Grin:

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks matey :Smile:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Saj Just to give you an indication where Honda alloy wheel design is going forward,these are the current offering on the new Civic. I would expect the 2013 Accord design to take a similar design cues.

17inch Alloys

Radium part number 08W17-TV0-600A

Cobalt part number 08W17-TV0-600

18 Inch Alloys

Hydrogen 18 part number 08W18-TV0-600A

Krypton part number 08W18-TV0-600

10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If only those Cobalt ones were 18"!

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Agreed it would be nice if they did a bigger version of it.

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

BTW, any chance you have the part number for the Type-S 18" Accord alloys?

Dunno why, but their simplicity looks fantastic and suits the Accord like no other in my view.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I sure do mate 42700-TL0-G71 (2008-2011 pre minor revision models) they the retail for £447.54 speak to Lee and the crew at HH if they can do you a deal. The do look nice they are made by Hitachi Japan no Polish vendors here.

14. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Super mate, thank you.

Wish they were £447.54 altogether! :Wink:

Will give them a bell in the coming weeks. I'm still convalescing from "open wallet surgery" given the kit I had fitted!!

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Saj if they were that price I would have two set myself.:Wink: Personally the 18 inch tyre becoming so expensive its hardly a cost effective mod.