Accord/7th Gen My Accord CL7 2.0 VTEC Sport project

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by Tom163, Monday 4th Jun, 2012.

1. Tom163 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Picked her up on the 27th of November last year.....came down from a Focus RS cause of running costs but never had a nice cruiser before. The car is a 2.0 VTEC sport and the car has the J spec splitter kit, custom twin exit backbox, 17' Asuka Racing light weight alloys wrapped in Nexen N8000 tyres, legal tints on the back, sprayed the grill black and lowered on PI springs, Razo 300g weighted gear knob, brand new clutch. I also re fitted the spoiler that had been removed and generally tidied it up. Needs some bodywork doing but other than that looks all good. Just had the engine major serviced with all the fluids, filters, plugs, tappets etc done also.

Got some bits planned but may take a while to update as saving for a house aswel!!

Plans are- Induction kit probably CAI, new battery and oil, new number plates, Hammerite the calipers, tidy up the engine bay, refit splitter kit with Tiger Seal, get mobile chip repair man out etc etc.

Some pics of how it stands now-

P1010154.

P1010143.

2011-12-07_15-20-00_381.

Cheers

Last edited: Friday 8th Jun, 2012
  2. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

looks smooooooooth.......

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That looks :Devil: looking good Tom like the front grill all blacked out

4. Tom163 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I can't see first post Ceej,just yours and Frankie`s

6. alvinaccord Member

bolton
    me too can't see it!

7. Tom163 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Neither can I now for some reason :/ it was there lol

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    sorted! just kicked the antispam measures into touch.

9. Tom163 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks bud!

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Very nice,liking the wheels and twin exhausts.:GoodJob:

11. alvinaccord Member

bolton
    excellent, Love it!!

12. Tom163 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks alot guys! Backbox may be for sale soon thinking of going single angled jap can style lol.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Tom I had custom exhaust made by Zorstec in Pudsey Leeds or Custom Pipes in Doncaster speak to Ryan

Tell Ryan Will sent you from RDT he will know both of them are artist in what they do.

14. Tom163 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the tip mate but already have the back box on order just need it fitting lol

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No problem just uploads loads of pictures when you are done.

16. Tom163 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Quick update got my hands on the back box from Magnaflow USA and looks very nice welds are all well done and look strong!

Cars booked in Tue with Top Gear Performance in Doncaster for fitting as he was by far cheapest for fitting customers own stuff.

Few pics -

temporary-1.
    temporary-1.

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Magnaflow boxes are really well made looking forward to hearing it . BTW I have flowmasters on my first gen in mild steel not bling as yours.

18. Tom163 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers mate! Was suprised tbh on the quality for the price seems just as good as my previous jap made boxes. Hoping it looks cool angled a bit and slightly upswept. How do the flowmasters sound dude?

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have to say Magnaflow and Flowmasters are both equally good,but in the US the enthusiast community favours magnaflow.The purist think the science behind the Flowmaster design is better and noise and performance can be achieved.

The Flowmaster on my first gen gives the car the sound of high lift cam engine :vtec: without the VTEC :Wink:. I have to agree the US does make quality exhaust parts have to give credit there.