General My Accord has gone long live the Accord

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Primarycare, Monday 2nd Sep, 2013.

1. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Well
    More than a little sad :Frown: to see my car drive off with a new owner tonight. Gave it a last wash and put fresh oil and filters in her for the new owner. Pleased they wanted me to leave the AOC sticker on though :Smile:

Still look looking for my next petrol this time, my diesel has been great and a great introduction to Honda gave the new owner a lecture on keeping up oil changes and sent them off with about 12 litres of 0-30 spare air filters shortened belt i never got round to fitting and strict instructions but feeling glum and car less now :Frown:

Still weekend soon and booked two days off to search for next motor

Last edited: Monday 2nd Sep, 2013
  2. Sawyer280769 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Another Accord?

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hope you find a good one Keith.

4. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yep another Accord.

Seen a few but OMG there are some sheds out there. Age is no issue I don't go by the reg number the condition is far more important to me and then prob mileage.

Typically while I was contemplating making the change to the highly flammable carcinogenic also known as Petrol (or devils mouth wash) I missed out on two nice 2.4 Type-s a Grey one and a silver one, was not to fussed about the silver as would prefer any other colour (almost) to silver but my first and second choice would be gray then Blue..

I am still mourning the passing of my car though but I know she will be looked after.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sad day mate, hopefully the new owner does join here. You loved that car and you looked after it too they way they should be.

No point crying move to PETROL for the win :vtec:

6. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah I know but got quite attached to my old Accord. Decision to go to a petrol is a done deal just need to find one in good shape

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Has it got to be a Petrol Saloon bud?

8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not fussed saloon (have a top box) or estate if estate pre 2006 as tax is OMG group L !! Hope at some point to get that nice chap speedy to convert to LPG :Smile: seen couple of nice looking type-s for sale but both over 140k which has put
    me off a little much pref the 2.4 but may have to consider 2.L also

Last edited: Monday 2nd Sep, 2013
    SpeedyGee likes this.
  9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Where have you looked ? There's a couple of decent sites out there I've seen a couple on desperate seller.com. If I come across anything I'll let you know.

10. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Usual places autotrader gum tree and the like

Not bothered how old it is

Off tomorrow to look at an 2003 one owner 2.4 with 43 k only in Peterborough if my experience to date is anything to go by it will be a shed but hope not. I am not fussed on year condition is more important for me

Thanks bud

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just ring me mate if you need my help.

12. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hey CJ cheers bud. This is one of the reasons I love this site, were not just a online chat shack we are a community built on passion for Honda trust and desire to help amongst other things :Smile:

Ichiban likes this.
  13. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well scratch that one very nice drive well but has bad dose of rust round passenger side rear arch, worse than yours CJ.. Also had busted boot lock and buckled rear alloy.. Why don't people tell you this stuff! Least it was only Peterborough off to see another just north of Nottingham tomorrow :Smile:

14. teejay Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tony Northampton
    Better luck tomorrow bud, there is one out there with your name on it!

15. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No luck today looked at 3 today
    Totally fed up and sick of looking. Got a car which will have to do for now at least. Wrong colour wrong make but 1 owner full history and in good nick. Just need to decide where to put the club sticker.. Cheaper than an accord so more money for the 8th Generation kitty

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That's what AOC all about buddy.. looking out for each other and mates.. I haven't seen any good one up here either will look for you on Monday. fingers crossed

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Not meant to be hang in there.. a cars out there with your name on it.

18. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No indeed you sound just like my wife bud
    I bought a make do motor which is in good condition and got a fair deal which has left me a reasonable amount to add to the savings for a 8th Generation and at least I am mobile again or will be when I pick it up. Will post a pic but no mick taking as I'm still getting over the loss of my oil burner :-(

19. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

20. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers bud
    Not got the money for that yet wife's new scooby cleared me out so saving again for my next new motor which will be a 8th Generation, this run about will have to do for now though. Sooo gutted I didn't have enough time to find another good 7th Generation but Helen needed her car back and I had to get to work
    Still it was cheep so more money for the kitty :Smile:
    Again thanks

Last edited: Saturday 7th Sep, 2013