Daily Driver My CL9 from Greece

7th Generation (2003-2008) vehicle added by gzob, Thursday 13th Mar, 2014

1. gzob Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finally got my car on Tuesday and I really love it. Here is the dyno plot bone stock. Wanted to test it stock before proceeding to my future mods.

Power is at the hubs, measurement at 5th gear from 1500-7200 RPM with 11.4sec ramp time (500rpm/sec which is the standard for dynapack).

CL9 stock.

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 25th Jul, 2013
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Why is there a dip around 6000 RPM ?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda factory tune is like that ,no idea why they have tuned the engine that way.

4. gzob Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I wonder too. VTEC crossover is set too high in this motor and the dip is so obvious when driving. I finally sourced an ECU so more mods soon to be tested. Next is:
    1. Civic FN2 intake manifold + throttle body + Hondata gasket + coolant bypass mod
    2. PLM header with race cat
    3. TSX ECU +Flashpro
    4. CT intake
    5. 40 deg VTC + TSX intake cam (07-08)

SpeedyGee likes this.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Good stuff, can we have pictures of the mods as they are being done please :Smile: :Thumbup:

6. gzob Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I will! FIrst is the RSP intake manifold and throttle body (from FN2). I am preparing it with the LPG nozzles and installing it probably on Tuesday.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Your going to LPG it too ? Lol

You hadn't mentioned that before I don't think. Which kit will you go for when you get round to installing it ?

Is the throttle body from FN2 FBW ?

8. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    strange that it was measured on 5th gear, every time I was on dyno or someone else car was measured on 3rd or 4th gear.

9. gzob Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

We usually measure 6spd gearboxes in 5th gear and 5-speed gearboxes in 4th. I also measured the car in 4th gear and power output was slightly more (due to less drag on the gearbox and wheel bearings due to lower speeds). ANyway, the important thing is to always measure a car on a dyno with the same settings. Same gear, same temp (oil & water), same ramp time (load), same RPM range etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. We are BIGAS dealers for Greece. FN2 throttle is DBW and seems interchangeable at first glance. I have some spare in the shop here as well as plenty of RSP manifolds. Most of our FN2 customers get the RRC intakes but the rev range is too high for a K24. I think the RSP will be nice on a mild K24.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

BIGAS dealer ... hmm I maybe in contact with you via PM then :Smile:

I'm a LPG installer myself too.

11. gzob Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

FN2 intake manifold installation progress. Will have dyno soon. You can notice the LPG nozzles and additional vacuum needed for the purge valve.

- - - Updated - - -

Lost midrange, gained up top. Expected. To be honest, I prefer midrange but I will leave the RSP on the car. The VTC gear, PLM header and FlashPro will help gain back the lost midrange and the motor will scream up top. Engine was NOT tuned after the RSP intake manifold install since I have not yet received my TSX ECU.

IMG_1064. untitled.

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 29th Jul, 2013
  12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Gzob, can you please use advanced mode (Go Advanced) and attachments button there to add pictures please.

13. gzob Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry, I am not familiar with this. Where exactly?

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

When you making it post you'll see a "Go Advanced" button in the bottom right hand corner, click on that, then in the top button bar, third from the right you'll see an attachments button. Please use that to add pictures to your posts.

15. gzob Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just got the PLM header. I'll try to find some free time to install it.

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    ooh PLM lets have a look.