Show Us Your Car My Daily Hack

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by hedleyf, Monday 11th Aug, 2014.

1. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

My 1993 Civic,back on the road after five years laid up,

John Dickson and Chunkylover53 like this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Beautiful colour EG, what's under the hood @hedleyf? Get her added into the club garage :Smile:

3. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, Thanks, I also like the colour seems like all new cars seem to be black , gray, silver or white, counted on our forecourt the other day 32 cars of which only 4 where a different colour.
    Standard 1.5 LSI model, still a ongoing project but at least it's up and running.

4. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice. She looks in cracking fettle. :Niceone:

5. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Anyone know if this model was produced with the B16 VTEC 160 horse ? seem to remember working on a twin cam version around 95 but now not so sure.
    This would make a great car.

6. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    It certainly was.

4115430011_large.

hedleyf likes this.
  7. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    I had a 1995 1.5LSI for 3 years and it was and still is the best car I've ever had - and I've owned quite a few.

Love it.

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Thinking of a conversion @hedleyf ? :Wink:

9. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I came very close to buying one of these for my wife 5 years ago, glad I didnt as she still hasn't past her test!

10. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Do like red cars :Grin: was this a import or Europe type? and what was the model designation? was this the ESI ? I know the LSI is the 1.5 and the DX a 1.4 but not sure on the ESI.
    I would love that car, looks the dogs parts, not over done just right.
    don't think a conversion would be on the cards rather sell mine and buy something like that picture, nice!

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Get an EG @hedleyf, they're awesome little hatchbacks.

12. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    1994 EG Civic VTi European spec. Either three door or 4 door saloon. Very quick cars. Not many standard ones left though.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  13. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    honda_civic-vti-sedan-uk-1991-95_r1. The saloon is my favourite.
    And what an engine.
    CRX003E.

14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

:Drool: :Wub:

15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Schhwwweeeaaat !! :Wub::Wub::Wub:

16. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

UUUMMMM, Looking at that picture with the engine bay has got me thinking maybe a conversion might not be to bad ,when you think about it it must almost be a straight bolt in, I presume the suspension is the same possibly different driveshafts, engine and box, ECM engine control and wiring, the rest could be sorted. will keep my eyes open just in case one come about could always be a future project. price would have to be right. you think there would be a few of these motors around now as they been out for quite some time.

17. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

If you were to do a conversion, K-Series all the way, all the parts for engine management and bolt-ons are available off the shelf. Infact our illustrious @SpeedyGee has helped someone do a full K20 swap into an EG already :Smile:

18. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Yep, I've done a full K Swap on an EG :dance:

19. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Being old school when you refer to a K series my thoughts go to that lovely unit rover used to make, but I also know that no one in their right minds would fit one of those to a Civic so assume the K series you refer to is a later Honda unit possibly more cc than the b16, my only tuning has involved old type Minis and what I liked was the idea of using a small engine to achieve good results, hence the 150BHP out of a 1.6 ,we all know that if you put a V8 in anything it should go well , its the small engine big power I like. also these off the shelf tuning parts cost a fortune.

20. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

You call the Rover unit lovely, I think of blown head gaskets :Laughing: I was actually driving one in Germany last month.

With the K-Series engines, if you went for the popular K20 (EP3, FN2, DC5, FD2 etc.), you could make a comfortable 220hp out of the box. Doing a "frankenstein", K20 head on a K24 block you could get 250hp comfortably, work on the engines (up compression, cams, porting and polishing etc.) you can see 300hp+, then forced induction the sky is the limit.

Tuning on the engines is too complex to jump into as a novice on later Hondas, but I, @SpeedyGee and others can help compile a parts list for the build and give you plenty of options for tuners to get her running smoothly once built :dodgydeal: