Body, Paint & Styling My doubts have been confirmed 9th Generation Civic does appeal to Women

Discussion in '9th Generation (2012-2017)' started by Ichiban, Friday 20th Dec, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda Accord Owners Club Blogs move
    My doubts have been confirmed 9th Generation Civic does appeal to Women.8th October 2012 at 10:29 (1067 Views
    )

There isn't a time when I go into a Honda dealer and meet other 8th Generation Civic male owners and come away feeling Honda has abandoned them. They don't like the new 9th Generation has any of the spark or the overall design package has left them down. Majority of them are resisting the move from the 8th Generation as it not sporty enough for them.

As if out of the blue Honda has received an award from the Women's World Car of the Year committee.

Honda press release

The Honda Civic has received an award from the Women's World Car of the Year committee. The award was presented to Honda at the Paris Motor Show 2012.

The Women's World Car of the Year is divided into four categories; Family Car, Luxury Car, Sports Car and Economy Car. The Honda Civic was chosen as the winner for the Economy Car category with second and third places going to the Volkswagen UP and Ford Fiesta respectively.

The Honda Civic was selected from an initial entry list of 300 cars which were nominated by 20 women judges from 11 countries around the world.

The judging panel for the Women's Car of the Year assessed the Civic according to the criteria women consider when buying a car which include safety, value-for-money, aesthetic appearance, storage space, ease-of-driving, colour, sex appeal, environmental footprint and child friendliness.

The award coincides with Honda's recent announcement of new additions to Civic range which include a new the 1.6-litre I-DTEC engine which will be available on the Civic later this year, a new wagon'- style Civic model and a New Civic Type-R in 2015. All of these new derivatives are for the European market.

Henny Hemmes and Sandy Myhre, two members of the judging panel, presented the award to Toshiaki Konaka, Director, Honda Motor Europe Car Division, on the Honda stand at the Paris Motor Show.

On receiving the award, Konaka ,commented: "This award highlights the unique exterior styling and practical interior that are synonymous with the Civic model and meet the needs and desires of customers within the C segment in Europe."

I can now see our wives pestering us to get them one..:lol:, well isnt happening at our home.

9th gen civic award.

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@Zoran - 8th October 2012 13:12

I seen lot of type Civic Type-R owners changing to other manufacturer because they don't like New shape Civic.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @Ichiban - 8th October 2012 15:32

This is where I had major gripes with decision to make the FN2 for the European market, we all know the FD2 is a hardcore Type-R it has no comfort no creature comforts it make for maximum sporty performance, it was hardcore and spine shattering car.But the clientèle here in the UK and Europe what the watered down Type-R with aircon , rear parking camera and all lardy accessory options which get the weight on the car, they dress up the cars to nines but can't push the car to it limits. :Rolf: This wannabe Type-R customer has diluted the true essence of Type-R .If Honda wanted the Type-R to succeed they should have got the FD2 here and had all these lard options as dealer extra to appease they lazy gits who want a Type-R (lovely). Honda would have saved money in developing the FN2 and catered for both markets :GoodJob: Even the first gen EK9 can smoke a FN2 to high water..:Whistle:. Now the new Type-R to make in the UK will again work of this lardy principle , all the extra soft springs complaint damping , ipod connector fancy LEDs yada yada. Save your money buy a Fireblade..

4. westcorkaccord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

VW-Honda Ireland
    @westcorkaccord - 24th November 2012 00:15

Ireland is supose to be the first country in Europe for the launch of the 1.6 diesel. Honda has lost is edge since the great Civics of 1989 to 1994. I think this engine might be a good seller and will it come to the Accord in time?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @Ichiban - 25th November 2012 13:27

1.6 diesel may be too small for the accord but it could be tried . it will make a great engine for the Jazz

6. Neil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neil Newton Abbot
    Surely that can't be what women want, something sensible and boring.
    Most of the women I know drive around in sports cars of one sort or another and that's with having children.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Why isnt the latest Civic selling in its numbers as the prevouis Civic? Mind you the 8th Generation Civic was plaqued with issues and build quality issues and an endless list of recall and product updates.

This 9th Generation Civic does not yet have the same number of issue .. but it does not sell.. funny isnt it?

8. Neil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neil Newton Abbot
    I think price has a lot to do with it, I know sales for most manufacturers were up last year but Honda's prices are not the cheapest.
    I'm not saying they have to downgrade their product, but some of the other manufacturers offer so much more for less money.
    Let's be honest here, people are more clued up these days than they were 10yrs ago.

9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Image has a lot to do with it too.

I've tried to get a colleague to look at a Civic, but she won't because ""Hondas are for old people."

AAAARRRGH! :Angry:

Neil likes this.
  10. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

She's somewhat got a point.... show her an older Type-R then she'll change her mind

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The image of the two women accepting the prize alludes to that stereotype mate, aint FIT as it.