Electrical & Lights My driver side window has lost its Auto function

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Thursday 10th Nov, 2011.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It rare to happens but if the car battery has been disconnected for a period of time the driver side window door losses it auto up and down function.

Get your car keys in the ignition barrel and turn the ignition switch ON (II).

Press the driver window button down and keep on pressing until the windows is down. When the window reaches the bottom, hold the driver's window switch in the down position for 2 seconds.

The move the driver's window all the way up without stopping by using the driver's switch, when the window reaches the top, hold the driver's window switch in the up position for 2 seconds.

You will hear a click, that completes the fix you windows has been reconfigured to the auto mode, and test it.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    if anyone of you are replacing a battery or have disconnect the battery more than 5 minutes. The likelihood is your driver side window will lose its auto function.

just a reminder to all in how to fix it .

3. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    Are you having a quiet day or summat?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    lol blitzing the not answered threads,as one one else does it :Whistle:

5. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Hammad Bury St. Edmunds
    sorry for waking up an old post, but is it just me or is this the case for my accord. The annoying thing is, all previous cars I've driven/owned, when u lock windows from drivers door panel, only driver can operate them, but in my case whenever i lock windows from drivers side i can only operate drivers window and not the rest:Blink:
    I thought drivers door panel was master, and if u lock all other door window control the driver can still operate them.. what am i missing here:Search:

6. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

This is very useful info! thanks

7. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I had a similar issue with my 7th Generation Civic.

This was actually just after I got my Civic, and come to think of it, the dealer did have to jump start the car when I took it for a test drive.

To me, at the time, I thought it fixed itself.

However, I did fiddle with it going up and down a good couple of times and holding down button while in full up or full down position, so I might have inadvertently done the fix described above.

8. adamtys Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have problem with door window. It doesn't close or open in AUTO mode (it works but I have to press button few times to open it fully. Every press of the button opens or closes it only about 20 mm). All the other windows work OK. Do you have any idea what the problem can be. Is it regulator or maybe switch itself. Thanks for help

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    There should be a window reset procedure you can follow, try that first. Have a search of the forum for details.

10. Pompey Honda Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Portsmouth
    I have the same issue with mine sometimes, you have to push the button back

11. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Window reset is easy enough, wind the window all the way down and hold the button there for a second or so, then wind it all the way to the top and hold the button there for a few seconds as well. Thats it

12. Pompey Honda Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Great thanks Night Hawk I will give it a go. Whilst you are on are there any tips on taking the ABS unit out of the hub, as I had a bearing changed a couple weeks back and they broke the unit, cost £150.00 from Honda ouch

13. Nighthawk Guest

That is for someone more skilled than I am - @SpeedyGee

14. Pompey Honda Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Night Hawk

15. Nighthawk Guest

He will be on during the course of the day so I imagine he will respond by the end of it

16. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham