Previously Owned My First Accord

7th Generation (2003-2008) vehicle added by John Dickson, Friday 28th Nov, 2014

1. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

She looks smashing John. At least you've got a photo of your first Accord.
    How long did you have her?
    Which engine do you prefer, the K20, R20 or the N22?
    I often wondered what mine would look like with Pentas, but I think I would like to paint then silver.

John Dickson likes this.
  3. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks @Nels

I had this one for nearly 3 years, 45,000miles. Didn't really want to get rid of her just it needed new tyres all round, brakes, major service and the 8th Generation bug bit me hard :lol:

Seriously though I just happened to be in the dealership looking at 8th Generation just out of interest had no intention to change but they did me an excellent deal

I've seen this one locally recently driving past me in Morpeth. Not seen it again though so not had chance to bore the new owner with Accord talk :lol:

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It would be good if you do catch them. It would be great to get more shots of her.
    The 8th Generation bug is biting me too. Just have a couple of things to clear up first.
    Then I'll be 'On a Bug Hunt' :Grin::hunter:

John Dickson likes this.
  5. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Even brand new 8th Gens (if they're are any left) are cheap now...it's criminal really :Sobbing:... I try not to think what I've lost on mine.....if only I'd waited.......

Don't mind that so much if we get a 9th Generation though.......:fingerscrossed:

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Is it worth your while getting one of the last 8th gens or are you holding out for a 9th?

7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi @Nels sorry for not replying I totally missed this post. Probably not worth getting another 8th Generation as I don't want to know how much I've lost on this one now they're doing stupidly massive discounts.

Even if it wasn't for that reason mine's too new to consider changing as I would probably lose quite a bit even without the discounts.
    Besides there is going to be a 9th Generation so I'll wait for that. :fingerscrossed:

Nels likes this.
  8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

No need to apologise John. We are all busy. I can see it's just not quite the right time for you.
    I'm torn. My CN1 is running beautifully. I'd like a new Accord, as they have improved so much in the last ten years. If the offers are really good on the last of the 8th gens, then changing now would make sense. However, it also makes sense to hold out for the 9th Generation, or whatever it may be... I'll have to see how the next few weeks pan out.

John Dickson likes this.