Daily Driver My legend

4th Generation (2004-2012) vehicle added by mattyg, Sunday 13th Apr, 2014

1. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

mattyg added a new Honda to the garage:

My legend

Check the vehicle's full information here.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That's a lovely car :Smile:
    IMHO, much better than the 'usual' luxury cars on the road
    Love the colour too :Thumbup:
    Looking forward to seeing the interior photos :Photographer:

partsoemru likes this.
  3. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    Agreed. Classy.

15000 miles a year and a 3.5 V6 doesn't really work for me unfortunately. :Sobbing:

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Do mean in terms of fuel costs ? @mattyg gets the costs equivalent of 50MPG on the motorway and I think he said 30-35 local driving as his Legend has an LPG conversion.

Last edited: Tuesday 15th Apr, 2014
  5. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    Not sure what it is about LPG - haven't managed to convince myself for some reason.

Can't argue with the figures though - nearly 300 BHP and 50mpg!

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Well if you has any questions fire away, I've been installing LPG system for a good four years now and been running LPG cars for maybe 6 years, mostly Hondas.

7. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    This has got me genuinely interested.

I think I've always felt installing lpg could cause other issues - for example, warning lights on dash because ECU is confused etc. but I guess the type of system and who installs it is the key.

Also, it's expensive to install - but possibly worth it depending on annual mileage. Hmmmm, DEF got me thinking......

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

The key to a good install is choosing a good installer who knows his stuff and will not take any short cuts.

I'll be starting a thread soon on an install that I did on an Accord end of last year.

Superman001 likes this.
  9. v6Echo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The blue bodywork goes great with the 17 inch alloys mattyg. I have one in grey & will have to get round to sticking some pictures on here. I really like the idea of an LPG conversion (to increase the range as well as for better economy) but as mine is under warranty at present it may not be a good move. Maybe when it expires I'll go for it. In the meantime I am taking a great interest in anything LPG related on here.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  10. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks for all the comments folks. Regarding the LPG system all the pros and cons are well known and documented if anyone wants any advice or feedback then fire away this is my third LPG car and you get far less trouble with LPG than with any common rail diesel. Lots of the misconceptions and negative comments about LPG are a legacy from the early systems that where extremely primitive and badly installed. I defy anyone to notice the slight power loss whilst running on LPG in my car I have done about 12000 miles now and all I have had to do is top up the flash lube system and change a couple of filters.

The legends achillies heel was always it's 17 MPG round town that's why it flopped really undeservedly.

Just like to add that a correctly installed system should never throw up a check light.

Matt

SpeedyGee likes this.
  11. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

By the way my car was covered by the honda warranty too !

Matt

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @mattyg Honda have now started to advocate 5w-30 engine oil for the Legend , a move away from the thicker 5w-40 try it you will see your fuel economy increase slightly.

13. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Oh thanks for that my car is due a service very soon I will give that a try

14. j.clifton.123 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

UK
    i have always admired this car. but unfortunately it only comes in automatic transmission, one thing in a car i just get along with. i hope they will bring it out in a manual version some day.

15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

It is an auto but it is a mighty fine auto... Why don't you give one a go and see how you like it (or not)?

j.clifton.123 likes this.
  16. j.clifton.123 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

UK
    thanks speedy. i know i'll like the car in general. that's one of the main reasons i would like to have one. but really, i don't like autos, no matter how good it is, including my experience on the BMW's & merc's - i just don't like autos, so would not want to own one - don't mind driving one for a short while. if they start manufacturing the model in manual, i think that'll probably be my car forever.