Daily Driver My Mate

6th Generation (1997-2002) vehicle added by Fiskekutteren, Saturday 23rd Jan, 2016

1. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    Fiskekutteren added a new Honda to the garage:

My Friend

Check the vehicle's full information here.

2. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    Now with a new suspension setup.
    The suspension on the Honda, had never been changed, and it was starting making horrible noises from the back.
    So i decided to go all in and try coilovers instead. I also wanted to try the "Bilstein B12 pro kit", but it would lower my car with 35 mm, which is too much for my 18 inch wheels.
    I opted for the "BC Racing BR type" coilovers, as they got excellent reviews on the internet.
    You can adjust dampening and rebound without adjusting the spring tension and lower the car by shortening the actual length of the damper. This means that you can have a very low car, without compromising on the comfort.

First impressions:
    They came well packaged and without any dents og marring. You get the 4 coilovers, some stickers, 2 c-spanners and the instruction sheet, that is no good, because it is very badly translated to English(Taiwanese Brand).

The first drive was so different(in a good way). It does not lean forward when you brake and the body-roll is non existent. As we all know the 6th Generation is already a very fun car in the twisties.
    This just makes it even better. You can feel the backend rotate and it is just such a fun feeling. The ride is a little hard right know, but i am going to play around with the different settings to find something that is a good compromise.

IMG_20160528_175139[1] Cropped. It looks so much better know too :Grin:.

exec likes this.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's a superb looking CG9 ! Like it ! :Thumbup:

Fiskekutteren likes this.
  4. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    Thank you very much :Grin:

5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    legend-ary and Fiskekutteren like this.
  6. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    exec likes this.
  7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
  8. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
  9. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    Fall update on my lovely Accord.

Changed the Dizzy cap, rotor, HT leads, ignition coil and fuel filter.
    IMG_20161101_143057.

Got the Crankshaft pulley replaced.

The car runs really great now. Things that i have to get done is a Valve clearance and an oil change.

Oh! and somebody tried to get inside my Accord but failed miserably. So yeah has to get that sorted....
    IMG_20161101_142957.

Lastly i got my winter wheels powder coated white. Really dig the look of the car with white wheels :dribble:.
    IMG_20161030_160946.

10. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Sorry to see that broken door handle, what a bunch of scumbags!

Car looks awesome and the white wheels go well. Did the new ht leads, dizzy cap etc make a big difference? I've been thinking of doing mine but don't want to waste money if they don't improve things as the current ones work just fine. I am guessing you went magnecor ht leads?

11. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    Thank you very much @exec.

Performance wise only minor differences. But before i changed them the the idle was a bit weird, it was shaking when idling and it could be felt inside the car. After the change the idle is extremely smooth, the shakiness has gone.

The HT leads are NGK leads. part nr. 8655
    https://www.ngk.de/nc/en/product-finder/produktfinder/PKW/ZUENDKABEL/HONDA/ACCORD VII (CG, CK)/RC-HE76/2960/

They where cheaper than the stock ones from Honda.

But if your Accord runs fine now, then i can not see why you should use the money on new stuff.

exec likes this.
  12. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Thank you, that is very useful to know the NGK model number. I got quote from Holdcroft Honda for HT leads at around £20 each.

13. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    Yes they are quite expensive. I paid about 55 GBP for the NGK wires(full set). Converted from Danish Kroner though :Grin:.

exec likes this.