General My Mother Just Brought...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeviateDefiant, Friday 19th Dec, 2014.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    A Peugeot 308, 1.6 Diesel - for £9,000 - with 24,000 on the clock, 18 months warranty remaining.

She didn't like the Civic, nor the Jazz, she thinks she got a good deal. Unfortunately she's convinced she has a "feel for cars" and that it was a good choice, I've seen too many shit out gearboxes and engines. But it's done, and all bets are on muggins here having to work on it.

It is a sad day, I didn't convert her to Honda.

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    The shame

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'm thinking of starting a fundraiser for when something goes bang.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    :beer

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    :Sorry: :Drinks:

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

You can only do so much @DeviateDefiant. :Violin:

There's always a positive to every situation. We now know what to get you for Christmas.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Another 308 for spares required for the next year? :Laughing:

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

£9000 seems a hell of a lot for a pug, she could've got a really well specced Jazz for that sort of money. Plus it'll probably worth a lot more than the pug in a few years time!

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  9. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    On a positive note though bud, it will start to rust to bits soon as well. French cars are reknown for taking themselves back into the dirt of the earth again.

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:Whistle: :Whistle: :Whistle: :Whistle: :Whistle:

308 Manual.

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

...it's a 2013 model :lol:

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Same book, different cover. :Icecream:

vzh7gk likes this.
  13. vzh7gk Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Graham Cheltenham
    Might as well buy the one on the "Death Star", it will have the same relevance to any car!! :Smile:

Nels likes this.
  14. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I thought Peugeot diesel engines were supposed to be good? Perhaps that was just a long time ago when diesels were just becoming common on cars?

15. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

On the plus side @DeviateDefiant you'll love working on your Accord even more after experience of working on a Peugeot.

They are all a nightmare to work on apparently.

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is the Peugeot is not serving my mother well and she's really miffed, I've driven it a bit too and it truly feels like a go-kart on skates. Her first impression picking it up was the entire car being fogged up and the blowers not being able to clear it, she doesn't like the stereo controls, the hands free system is plain illogical, she's discovered the rear seats don't even fold flat, she can't fit the dog cage in the boot, etc. She test drove so many in the same day, she's saying she just didn't pick up on how bad is truly was.

I also scared her with all the 1.6 HDI issues with the blown turbos and engines from gunked up turbo inlets. @ArcticFire, Peugeot don't make them, they're sourced from PSA Group, also in Citroen, Ford and others

The good news is that she's trying to get out of the finance agreement already through the 14 day cooling period, and Honda is back on the table! She's going to give the CR-V a shot :Smile: I've also got her looking at the Toyota Auris as the Jazz/Civic are off the table. The Insight and Civic Hybrid are also possibilities but none in the area to test drive.

MickyB, SpeedyGee and Chunkylover53 like this.
  17. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    The CR-V is great for dogs, I don't bother with a cage as it's so deep and have got a bed in there all the time instead. He just curls up happily! If going for one I'd try and get one with the black plastic bumper rather than a painted one as the dog claws may mark it. Women seem to like the high seating position also, windows don't really fog up and clear easily and the stereo system is excellent also.

18. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry to hear this @DeviateDefiant hope she can get out of the deal and find a car she prefers.

As @ArcticFire says a black bumper will not scratch like a painted one but I think you can get a scuff protector for the CR-V bumper. Not sure what price they will be mind.
    - - - Updated - - -
    For example:

It might be better if there is one available that comes down over the bumper a bit more.

19. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Thanks guys, I've got to get her into a CR-V first and hope she enjoys the test drive :Laughing:

Nighthawk likes this.
  20. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    For that money she should be able to get a good one. Is the Accord tourer no good?