Accord/7th Gen my new accord 2.4, what to do?

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by waggy02, Friday 1st Mar, 2013.

1. waggy02 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i need ideas on my accord, as she sits now totally standard:
    IMG-20130301-00025_zpsd62601b0 (1). IMG_00000014_zpscd32b545 (1).

what are the best mods?
    am wanting subtle on the outside to keep the executive feel, at the mo i'm thinking to remove the orange filters on the front headlights and replacing the bubls with silver tech, same on the rear, removing the red filter on the fog to even it up. Alloys need a refurb so colour ideas, same colour, darker, lighter?
    was also thinking this, what do you think (if it looks more real)?
    IMG-20130227-00023_zps59d01bc8.

but some awsome mods that when the hammer goes down it growls,
    sensible mods for money but everything considered.
    do these models work better with an induction kit or performance panel filter?
    thanks for all the help

2. waggy02 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

so had another go at the accord today and came out like this
    before:
    IMG-20130305-00026_zpsbc941ba0.

after
    IMG-20130305-00028_zps3ba1fb97.

3. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Must say: I like her as she is. Sorry. It's a very nice looking car. Top.
    Other filters are a waste of money if you're looking for performance gain.

4. waggy02 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

am wanting the Type-S grill and euro r splitter, still very subtle, but hard to find

5. Paul_The_Human Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I way prefer that! Can you let me know how you did that? I have an annoying OCD thing with cars that have one reverse light and one fog light lol even if it just looks symmetrical it'll make me happier. Please let me know how you did it lol

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Easy get a offside boot lamp from a LHD Accord.

smiler likes this.
  7. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    I don't get it. In my case this would mean I loose OR reversing light, OR fol light, if I would take a UK spec rear lightblock.
    The bulbs are always white, aren't they?

I believe Waggy changed something on the licht block himself, as left and right are not symmetric on the 'after' picture.

Last edited: Friday 22nd Mar, 2013
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its simple mate on the 7th and 8th gen Saloon and Tourer they both have one rear fog lamp. only one main difference the 8th Generation tourer has two reversing lights instead of the one on the saloon.:Wink:

So coming back to the 7th Generation the saloon the RHD drive car has the one fog lamp is on the nearside rear (Left). the LHD is the same the reversing light is on the Right side. so buy the cluster of a LHD car and you are sorted put a red LED in your are legit.

smiler and intruder like this.
  9. Paul_The_Human Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ah see I thought that he may have taken the light apart and removed something then put a red bulb in to compensate what he has removed. Hmm if it means buying a new rear light, thing ill just leave it lol

smiler likes this.
  10. waggy02 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i did split the light, wasn't fun, then i attacked the red lense, then stuck it back together and fitted a red LED bulb

11. Paul_The_Human Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ah sweet, did you use hot air gun to get the light apart? I took apart a headlight om my old rover, was a pig at first then the glue/sealant melted and was not to bad. Is the red lens easy enough to take out? I way prefer what you done, looks so much better!

12. waggy02 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

no you can't use a hot air gun there ultrasound sealed, you have to cut carefully round the edge with dremel, then once in using the dremel again you have to cut around the red lense not easy then after all that glue it back together

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Your a brave man Waggy. That sort of surgery is not for everyone. How did you put it back together, super glue ? Any leakage or signs of misting so far ?

14. waggy02 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i used silicone, no leaks or misting, o yes you have to be brave to take the first cut, heart in mouth moment

smiler likes this.
  15. Paul_The_Human Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hhhmmm may consider it in the futrue, till then I'm happy with it being UN even lol got a few other issues I gotta sort first before creating more lol

16. waggy02 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

had a priductive bank hol, fix my cruise control and driver door speaker
    replaced the speaker with an aftermarket one i bought for my astra, again out came the dremal to do some shaving,
    fits snuggly just to sound deaden and fit the other side
    smiley face*

17. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Nice going Waggy ... but no pictures ? :Search:

18. waggy02 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i know will get them for you on the other side, kind of spur of moment thing before work (lates)
    cars going for tracking today, think its a little off, then tomorrow hopefully the sound deadening will arive and i can split it all down again

19. waggy02 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

the deadening arrived...but so did the rain
    so here is how i left it yesterday (but the speaker would have been fitted)
    the size of the speaker hole isnt alot different to standard but did need widening
    DSCN2674_zpsf8f45b4f.
    And this is how the rain ended the state of play for the first half
    DSCN2675_zpse98ad625.
    theres an annoying bit that rattles when i tap the door, can't find it yet to deaden it :Angry:

20. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Check for the noise with the window mechanism fully and partly down.

smiler likes this.