Engine & Gearbox My New Manual 2.2 i-DTEC, Couple of questions

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by stevenk4563, Tuesday 4th Dec, 2012.

1. stevenk4563 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

After driving it for a week I am really happy with it, I just have a couple of questions which I hope you guys can help with.

1. When I press the clutch there is a mechanical/whirring noise, this happens when on cold morning starts and then fades as the car gets warmer, the other couple of Accords I test drove did this too, so I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about.

2. Occasionally when I turn the key in the ignition to start the car there is a short buzz sound, this never happens when the car is running.

2. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    the buzz is probbably the fuel pump priming. there is no manual primer bulb on the I-DTEC so on the turn of the ignition the primer pump primes for up to 30 seconds. i would have to hear the whiring noise to understand what it is, but if you want your mind putting at rest ide suggest a visit to honda.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I used to hear that when I had the 2.2 auto diesel it was more audible as the fuel filter sits next to the fuel tank and I knew it was the fuel priming. Nothing to be worried about.

But handy tip for all diesel auto drivers don't look for the fuel filter in the engine bay it's not there like the manual cars . You will be happy know the filter change is easier than the manual cars.