Detailing My old 7th Generation detailing session.

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by Ichiban, Thursday 16th Aug, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Since the arrival of my 8th Generation,my 7th Generation has had its nose pushed out a bit left a bit neglected. This week I have been off work and found the ideal opportunity to bring it back to my standard when I used to have it. I started the interior which was in good nick just the usual of dirt and grit around the carpets a few scuff marks on the trims and slightly spoiled carpets.

Day one

First up an extensive session of hovering then moving to wet and dry hover for the deep clean.. Total time including of natural drying was eight hours. Then moved to cleaning every single rubber seal and rubber component then coating them with three coats rubber feed (303). I had to apply a few layers as the first few were absorbed by the rubber.

Day two

Cleaned all the plastic trims with a weak IPA solution and then coating it with a layer of JWSP. Cleaned and the leather seats removing all dye stains from jeans and fabric fluff, cleaned all the seat belt anchors and belts too.Cleaned all the door jams all painted surfaces were paint cleaned with swissvax then coated with swissvax shield.

Total time spent over the two day 14 hours.

Here is the end result.

The Tailgate shuts cleaned and waxed

photo(34). photo(48). photo(44). photo(35). photo(36).

photo(47). photo(33). photo(46). photo(37). photo(38). photo(45).

The Petrol Flap, everytime I go to the petrol station I hate Accord owners not using the cap catch when filling up they leave the cap dangling on the body.:telloff:

photo(39). photo(41).

The Dash and Surrounding area.

photo(61). photo(3). photo(2). photo(19). photo(18).

photo(14). photo(4). photo(62).

Wide Shots

photo(15). photo(12).

Door Jams and Hinges

photo(1). photo(5). photo(6). photo(8). photo(7). photo(10).

photo(9). photo(11). photo(13). photo(17). photo(16). photo(20). photo(22).

More to follow , in a few minutes.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This is the car exterior before I start tomorrow. Regardless of the weather tomorrow I will be cleaning the car :Hooray:

The entire left side of the car has dried grass cutting which are a royal pain to remove with out marring the paint

so tomorrow it will be a lot of soaking and gentle removal.

photo(27). photo(28). photo(54). photo(30). photo(31). photo(32). photo(49). photo(25). photo(50).

Tyres and Alloys and arches pretty grubby.

photo(51). photo(51). photo(24). photo(55). photo(57). photo(58). photo(23). photo(29). photo(59). photo(53).

The Tailpipes looking sooty as a diesel ..:Fear:
    photo(26). photo(56).

More to follow tomorrow.

3. alloy36 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good effort mate and good luck with the weather tommorow. I've not done anything this month as i've been fasting. Looking forward to a good couple of weeks from monday so i can get a few coats of wax on before the winter.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks man

Tomorrow its going to chuck it down apparently with no sun ideal for washing the car ...yup you are spot on with winter around the corner you have to start layer the wax up every week for the winter period.

5. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is your OLD car?? Do Helen and the kids wear forensic suits before they enter ?? Truly impressed, CJ. Makes my new one feel grubby and it's just been detailed by the repairer!

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    LOL yes Helen an the daughter have detailed instruction how to treat the car. No snacking in the car no jumping on the seats and the rest of the usual stuff .. Has your car come back yet ? I may take a trip down under and sort your car for ya, I know Helen will be up for it .. She wants to live there

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good job
    Cleaner then my car will ever be.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Your car can be come to that state if you have time on your hands, the lack of time and rushing leaves a poor finish.

Today no progress my knee started to play up again. :Sorry:

9. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Will roll out the red carpet and line up a few cars. Or was that red wine and a few bars? I'm confused... Car's finally back and looking good. Forgotten how to drive it as a third of it's life has been in the repairer! Soooooo enjoy the ride.

10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Just awesome, very impressed, how many miles has it done?!

I love a good detail, my MINI is like sorted like that...but then I never use it in the rain and it has only done 11k miles in the 9 years I've owned it!! :Whistle:

11. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks bud,it was well worth the hours spent in it.The car interior is as new when the car was purchased and one of the main reasons I prefer to buy a new car. I am way too fussy on things if they are not right and to my liking no point owning it.

A new car remains in a new car state in my ownership. :Happy:

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    its done 71k in 5 years which is average I think, 11k in 9 years wow that will be mint .