Off-Topic My other Honda... 1992 CBR 600 F-N

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by philoldsmobile, Wednesday 3rd Apr, 2013.

1. philoldsmobile Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hiya guys,

Just thought I'd share a couple of pics of the other honda in my life, a 1992 CBR 600 F-N. Its a rolling restoration project, currently it just needs a pair of fork seals for the MOT then the bodywork will be painted and the whole bike given a general tidy up.

It was given to me by a family friend who no longer had the space to complete the project. I got it completely stripped at the back end, and have put it back together. It did manage to ride to its current home, so its veery close to being ready to roll - its my gammy leg thats delaying proceedings following...yup... a bike crash

The CBR keeps my other pride and joy, a 1998 Ducati 900ss ie company. My Brother is also a hondisti with a 1995 VFR 750 with 13,000 miles from new, and in better condition than the day it left the factory.

IMAG0543.

IMAG0542.

AccordCU2, Ichiban and Mikem like this.
  2. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Very Nice looking bikes Phil credit to you.

3. philoldsmobile Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

IMAG0217_zps4d81281a.

The Ducati.. probably the bargain of a lifetime, snared for about a grand under book price because it was in the middle of nowhere, and ridden 539 miles home to MK without incident.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Bikes are very much a passion for me, not being able to ride this year due to injury is going to be a challenge... The Ducati especially is very much a living breathing thing. Its a 900cc two valve aircooled (desmodromic) engine, and bursting with torque. its got bucket loads of charisma, and on the right road at the right time is an almost spiritual experience. The CBR is the second one i've owned, and they are amazing bikes, so completely competent in every situation, smooth quick and refined - a true Honda.

Last edited: Wednesday 3rd Apr, 2013
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I take it you have read this week's MCN they have a full story on the new CBR600RR and the history!

Nice looking bike mate the duke looks amazing.

philoldsmobile likes this.
  5. philoldsmobile Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've not had a chance, I'll pick up a copy from the petrol station tomorrow :Thumbup: despite looking like they are similar style bikes, you couldn't imagine two more different bikes.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    MCN article on the 600RR just show how Honda has evolved the 600RR into perfection. It can't compete with the competition on advance electronic gadgetry or explosive midrange , but it the perfect smooth efficient highly optimised neutral bike.

Brought a massive smile on my face during my lunch break. I recall the 1990's there was nothing Honda could do wrong in that decade they were virtually unstoppable on and off the track and on the roads.

Just a nice feeling to know people still appreciate Honda for what they do.

7. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My baby as well. A 1992 VFR750F.

CC53EB14-B58D-4EE2-A971-DE036C907122-5028-0000037C7BD65D0C.

CB9651B8-23B2-4E9D-AEB3-4C755F668254-5028-0000037C7C6BAD7A.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  8. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That looks spotless Paul,very nice.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If petrol prices keep on rising they way they are then, Biking will appeal to a lot of people. I want my CB1100 :Smile:

10. Baz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My last two-wheeled Honda:

DSC03404.

Now sadly sold....Can't justify running a proper bike at the moment....Keeping an eye out for an old PC50 Camino, or maybe even C50! :Smile: