Suspension, Steering and Brakes N/S/F Clunking

Discussion in '8th Generation (2006-2011)' started by Delvery86, Thursday 13th Oct, 2016.

1. Delvery86 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Dan Norwich
    Hi guys,

So my FN2 has developed what started out as a clunk/pop sound when driving over uneven ground. Through lots of reaseach I was certain it sounded like a drop-link issue and took it to a garage that recently replaced the top mount. They looked over it and couldn't identify anything causing the sound - this was about 2 weeks ago, since then things have got much worse...

This clunk noise now happens when performing a turn, parking, steering at low speed and when driving over uneven ground. I also discovered tonight that if I pull the steering wheel from left to right quickly I can generate the noise, it sounds as you would expect if the wheel wasnt correctly attached to the hub that kind of knocking (and no it's not that I have checked).

Has anyone has this experience and resolved it at all or know if anyone that has? This is driving me nuts!

Cheers
    Dan

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Try lubricating all the bushes with a silicone spray .. if the noise stops then you need to troubleshoot which rubber bush is the culprit.