Off-Topic Named (sort of) and shamed

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chunkylover53, Thursday 24th Oct, 2013.

1. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

School shames parent who parks on double yellow lines - by publishing a photo of her car in its newsletter

Parent who parks on double yellow lines

Shame it's a CR-V, but nonetheless well done to the editor for having a backbone and pushing it through to the newsletter. Double yellow lines, especially around schools, are very important and frankly I think she should be slapped with a big fine and 3pts - that'll prevent parking in non-designated places in the future.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A petrol CR-V too ohh the shame! :Angry:

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    No AOC stickers for that CR-V !

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I will freely admit to all - I park in the council office car park every time I need some cigs from the local co-OP and there's no spaces :Whistle:

Honestly not bothered about the pay and display.

5. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    We have problems at the village school where parents park on yellow lines and on the pavement causing serious obstruction. What annoys me is most of the pupils live quite close to the School, and parents could easily walk to collect their offspring. Occasionally, the Council have had a plastic policeman who has issued FPNs, with the consequent outrage of the offenders.

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

The only thing that changes behaviour is education, followed by strict enforcement. Parents need to realise that it might be their child put at risk due to thoughtless parking.

There was a blitz around local schools round here a couple of years ago when some of the parking and related traffic problems got out of hand, and was widely reported in the local paper. Residents formed action groups, that sort of thing. Yellow lines were painted, and enforcement followed. As far as I know it has never got really bad again since...

From memory one of the main issues was around sixth formers parking on narrow residential roads during the day, often blocking in residents and causing potential access issues for other vehicles, including the emergency services. When I was at school we weren't allowed to drive in, regardless of whether we parked on school property or not...and I think we all just accepted it! Not sure you'd get away with that today...

7. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Surely there can't have been many sixth formers driving to school, I wouldn't have been to afford a tank of petrol let alone a car and sky high insurance when I was in sixth form. Either way I think parking on double yellows outside primary schools is by far the worst because chances are that the kids are shorter than the cars making the danger of crossing all too much when combined with their lack of road safety.

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Perhaps they are driving without car insurance. A quote for a new young driver can easily be 2, 3 or 4K ! can't see many of them going for that.

10. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That could easily be the case, so the residents should just write down the number plates of the offending cars and use the MID database to see if they're insured or not.

11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

The police station is only about half a mile from those schools as well...:telloff:

12. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They would prefer to catch speeding motorists who they don't have to confront as opposed to stressed out mums who will shout them down.

13. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Here in stoke there is a Facebook group called "parked like a dick" where people are shamed in a similar way

FirstHonda likes this.
  14. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter