Daily Driver NANCY

2nd Generation (2002-2006) vehicle added by MickyB, Tuesday 30th Aug, 2016

1. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

MickyB added a new Honda to the garage:

The Replacement

Check the vehicle's full information here.

2. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well the first project is being done on Friday afternoon when I get the windows tinted
    I will be doing a write up on the company once done.
    At the moment I can't decide on what shade to get.

3. andy83 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    sounds a good project mate for the CR-V be nice to see some pics.
    thanks
    andy :gohonda:

MickyB likes this.
  4. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm thinking 5% but the missus thinks it will be too dark any help appreciated.
    Inside to outside photos might help.

5. andy83 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

are you having just backs done mate or all done

6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Having had numerous quotes from people ranging from around £80 to £180 I felt a little lost as these companies seemed to be offering the same products at very differing prices. So I enlisted the help of my daughter and social media.... she posted up what I wanted and asked for any positive feedback on good companies. The response was truely amazing and some of the companies I thought were reputable turned out to be very poor.
    In the end the best option seemed to be this one having some excellent reviews and very good value for money.
    Vogue Window Tinting Barnsley | Window Tinting in Barnsley
    So after a couple of chats with Scott (the owner) I booked the car in with him for Yesterday Friday.
    Thursday D - 1
    After last nights dog class I felt it was time to give Nancy a good clean out after all I didn't want a Frankie hair getting stuck behind the film so the inside was hoovered and sticky brushed to ensure no hairs were present and then the windows got a good clean to remove nose markings.
    Friday D-Day
    Well I arrived at Vogue at 12 o'clock in anticipation of 4-4.1/2 hours waiting around for the job to be completed. I still wasn't sure as to what % film I wanted we discussed what my requirements were and they were basically that I want to protect Frankie from prying eyes and also want something that can protect those on the inside from people outside ( I had occasion in the summer after a impromptu swim in the sea to have to change my trousers in the back of the hire car we had and it was good to know I could do this without anyone seeing in.
    So after some discussion and various grades of film being stuck onto the windows as examples IMG_1562.JPG
    I had 2 options 5% in the back and side windows and 25% in the door windows(this meant that the front non tinted windows blended in more ) the 2nd option was simple 5% on all windows this option covered all of my requirements so that's what I went for.
    Having looked at things Scott said that he would get the best results by removing the windows where he could so the first to be removed was the rear window which after 2wires,1bulb and 4 screws it came out IMG_1560.JPG The rear window took almost 2 hours to do the reason behind that was that Scott is really a perfectionist and is passionate and takes pride in his work and the problem was the dimple effect on the windows he had to heat and blend the film in and around them otherwise it would have left a white band where the dots are. He said most tinters would just leave it but he fells it looks amateurish and unprofessional so he takes the time to do it properly. So after some heat some rubbing and some good banter it was ready to go back in. IMG_1564.JPG From this angle you can see the difference in the side windows. This was just the example film stuck to the outside.
    IMG_1566.JPG Well after this epic we decided on a coffee break during which time I learnt a lot about Mr Harvey, he has only just gone it alone after working for someone else for eight years. I asked what his least favourite car to tint and found that it was the Audi A5 he said most tinters don't like doing them as it's so difficult to do the rear window.
    Well he actually had a call from a guy in Birmingham earlier in the week who had one and every time he rang someone to see if they could do it they hung up. Well Scott took it on and the guy travelled from Brum on Tuesday to get it done. The results are on his Facebook page.
    Well next it was time for the rear side windows again these took a little time as again they have the dreaded DOT matrix on the glass so these took around an hour or so to do with again good results.
    One thing I did discover was that in another thread I had considered changing the whole glass in the back end but having spoken about this Scott informed me that it would have been quiet difficult as the side windows are bonded in and would have had to have been cut out and when replacing them they would have had to have been rebounded back in. So tinting was a good choice.
    IMG_1568.JPG The final part of this project was he rear door windows for this the doors were stripped and the windows removed IMG_1571.JPG IMG_1570.JPG
    The doors took around 1.1/2hours and the door stripping and putting back together was done with great care and everything was replaced as it was removed. IMG_1573.JPG
    Then it was clean up and photographs for Vogues website.
    IMG_1579.JPG IMG_1577.JPG
    Scott told me that he is hoping to host a bit of a show next year so it would be good if we could get a few Northern Members down there whenever it happens.
    I then paid my dues(tell you at the end) and finally left some 4.1/2 hours or so later.
    It took some time to get used to the darker side of life but it soon fell into place.
    I got home parked up for the night and this morning woke to find Nancy nestled on my drive looking very nice indeed. IMG_1581.JPG IMG_1582.JPG IMG_1583.JPG I can wholey recommend Scott at Vogue Window Tinting as I stated earlier he is a very dedicated professional who takes great pride in his work. So if anyone is tempted to delve into tinting then give Scott a call.
    And £110 later YES guys £110 is all it cost me you will be as happy as I am with the final outcome. And that includes a lifetime guarantee anything goes wrong then I pick up the phone call Scott and he will sort it out.

Last edited: Saturday 3rd Dec, 2016 at 8:56pm
  7. andy83 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

looking very good mate makes nancy look smart :gohonda:

MickyB likes this.
  8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks got to find time to finish this off.

9. andy83 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

what you planning next mate

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mick that looks superb mate nice to know a good place for tinting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MickyB likes this.
  11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

depending on funds I've still got some things I would like to do, my wife is not too keen on the wind deflectors although I have them on my accord also not to fond of the sports bumper now so at this moment my future projects look like the rear roof spoiler/deflector and then upgrade the double din unit to include a rear parking camera.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Would highly recommend Scott he was very professional in his approach and his work.

12. andy83 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

wind deflectors sounds a good idear mate

13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I like them they add a bit of class to the car but unfortunately my wife is not too keen so I'll leave them for awhile while I look for a roof spoiler.

andy83 likes this.
  14. andy83 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

mate sound like nancy will be a classy and sporty lady :gohonda:

MickyB likes this.
  15. jazzway Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Marlène Maasgouw
    Wow! The car looks stunning with the darker tinted windows, Mick!! Really very good and carefully done, and for that price... Wow again!
    I think i am going to plan a vacation to the UK next year and let the Jazz' windows tinted there, haha.

MickyB likes this.
  16. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You wouldn't be disappointed, Scott took great pride in his work. I'm thinking of getting my Type-S done shortly.

jazzway likes this.
  17. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    What a fantastic looking job @MickyB! Makes Nancy look really great.

MickyB likes this.