Tyres & Wheels Nasty wheels on 05 Accord, suggestions?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by VR4Pedro, Tuesday 3rd Dec, 2013.

1. VR4Pedro New Member Getting Started

I have just bought an Accord 2.0 VTEC for very little so have no cause to complain about the wheels which are destroyed (although I heard that there were a few problems with these), lose pressure as well as their horrific look) and the tyres, which must have been run on low pressures quite frequently.

So to that end, I need some new alloys and tyres. These alloys are 17" and the tyres are 225/45/17. My wife has a Type-R with 17" alloys so was thinking of finding some of those on ebay maybe but I know they run a 205 profile tyre so presume they are not as wide? Does anyone have any suggestions as to which wheels I can buy (sorry, I'm being cheap but even second hand wheels and shoddy tyres will probably run me about the same as what the car cost me!).

Thanks in advance!

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    For 17" 225/45 is a perfect fit to maintain speedo accuracy, the cheapest option is probably to buy a set from an Accord being broken with a higher trim. There's an awful lot available for £175-250 on eBay by the looks of it, varying amounts of tread left. That said, any 5x114.3 wheels will fit.

Lastly welcome to the club :Thumbup:

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to the forum VR4Pedro :Smile:

You could also consider going for a refurb of the wheels that you have. Or are they just not to your taste altogether ?

Please do post some pictures of your car if you can.

4. VR4Pedro New Member Getting Started

Thanks for the advice. Cool, I'll get round to the pics. I could refurb and it's a sport so they were pretty sexy but they were pretty annihilated after only a few months (I know the car as a friend had it from new). The tyres also lose pressure so I'm concerned that I would spend the best part of £200 on refurbing these when I could just move on.

Thanks for that information too - I'll do some searching for 5x114.3 and see what I can find in that case!

- - - Updated - - -

I found these!:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Accord-Type-R-17-Alloy-Wheels-Tyres-5x114-3-Space-Saver-215-45-17-/231101476113?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item35ceb8ad11

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    They don't look in bad condition whatsoever, I think the price is good too. They are 215s mind, which means your speedo will be wrong by all of -1.42%. So it reads 60mph, you'll actually be doing 59mph - nothing big.

Best make a fast decision though, 6 minutes remaining on the auction :Whistle:

6. VR4Pedro New Member Getting Started

No worries, thanks for the help. He's just seeing if he can deliver them as it's a lot of a trek just for some wheels! I'll keep looking - there's quite a few wheels about that would do the trick.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  7. johnny 5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I always wanted to see what ATR wheels would look like on a CL shaped accord. I don't think this is very popular but they look like decent wheels to me! Anyone got any pics they might have seen?