ICE & HFT Nav DVDs

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Karl_T, Tuesday 6th Jan, 2015.

1. Karl_T Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Karl_T UK
    Just wondering where people are getting them. Is there an alternative to forking out £145 to Navtec? I've seen disks with the code APN3-6D103 that are v3.8 for western europe for '06 to '11 Accords. Seems an odd year range. Anyone use these? Mines an '08 EX built in voice nav.

Karl_T

Edit :-Removed link to website please don't inset links to firm selling counterfeit DVD's -CJ

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

There are many posts about the DVD discs on the site. Please have a look through them.
    The counterfeit discs can damage your DVD reader and that is far more difficult and expensive to replace.

Used discs come up for sale both on here and on ebay. If you don't want to buy a new one, that's an alternative.
    However, there are many, many counterfeit on ebay! We will never recommend them to members.

FirstHonda and SpeedyGee like this.
  3. Karl_T Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Karl_T UK
    I've been reading the threads. It appears I just missed a sale at HH too. :0(
    What Honda and Navteq are charging for these disks is outrageous though. Never feels good being fleeced. You can buy complete Tom Tom systems with lifetime updates for less.

Karl

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

If you're not happy with your system, get a Tom Tom or Garmin.
    Most car manufacturer's systems are more than a TT or G system.

If you want a Honda system, that's the price. Remember HK Club Members and above get discount at HH.

5. Karl_T Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Karl_T UK
    I'm happy with the system, and you're right generally in car systems are way better, tied in to road speed etc etc. But we have that hardware, we're not replacing all that. What I'd like is for the software to be priced so I could renew annually using legitimate s'ware. Do you really believe £145 is a fair price for an updated map alone? The disk cost itself is negligible, and the map update development cost can be amortised over every vehicle Navteq supply, across every vehicle manufacturer. I will buy a genuine one. But like my vehicle's last owner. I doubt I'll get another. Thanks for the tip about HH, I'll ask there.

Karl

6. Karl_T Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Karl_T UK
    Apologies, didn't realise at the time they were hooky. Having read their T&C's all becomes clear.

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

We aim to help members get the best for their Honda, within law.
    The site has no paid members. Owners help others where they can. This can be by advice, DIYs, Guides etc. That's how it works!