ICE & HFT Navigation dvd player

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Vilmantas Juknevicius, Saturday 28th Sep, 2013.

1. Hi, I wanted to ask, or fit 2008-9 FR-V navigation dvd player to 2005 FR-V,for easteurope maps installing?

2. evaldas325 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

eu
    There are no eastern europe maps for FR-V navigation unit.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    According to the Navteq website the maps disc is the same for all FR-V models, and uses the same v2 non-voice recognition version as the Pre-Facelift 7th Generation Accord.

v2.11 Compatibility:

The DVD contains both East and West European maps. More information here.

4. evaldas325 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

eu
    Right, latest update is v2.11, year 2011. To be politically correct let's check the coverage of v2.11:

Not much of Eastern Europe..
    v3.52 update for voice controlled newer Honda navigation units that was released in 2011 had full Eastern Europe coverage:

However Honda decided to abandon FR-V owners and there were no further updates for older navigation units after v2.11

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

v2.11 is 2011-2012, but you're right the coverage isn't as complete as on the newer versions. It is however incorrect to say there are no Eastern European maps for the FR-V whatsoever, the OP may actually find use in the countries that are available. The post was over 2 months old.

It's all about the demand, if Honda simply weren't getting the volume of orders necessary to justify contracting updated maps from Navteq then so be it. Most Honda cars you find for breaking with navigation systems in them still have the original discs. Honda priced the updated discs high (worth noting that all manufacturers do), since then dedicated Sat Navs, followed by Smartphones hit the market. There just wasn't the interest.

Worth noting I'm in the same boat, stuck with the older v2 discs, and also plagued by the early Alpine DVD-ROM drive laser issues.

6. evaldas325 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

eu
    I was trying hard to find any country in the above list that I can call "Eastern Europe". Seems there are too many definitions of this term :Wink: OP is from the country which is not supported.

There was still possibility to mix v2.11 DVD with map files from v3 DVD up until version v3.51. v3.52 release was split into 2 DVDs because of addition of new countries, introduced updated map database format together with corresponding new v3 firmware update and it seems that was the final nail in v2 support. The navigation unit in my FR-V is pretty much useless at the moment, but at least GPS keeps clock accurately synchronized!

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I missed this completely :Hey:

That's interesting information, no doubt with time spent the database information could be exported and converted to the new format, if it isn't proprietary of course, or at least has some available documentation on it.

Lucky for some, I haven't had a correct clock since I took ownership of the car :Whistle: Still trying to source a decent condition DVD-ROM drive, no-point in even having mine repaired when it's as battered as it is.

8. with all due respect to response to the question, but I wanted the inlay or only newer model DVD player in the FR-V

- - - Updated - - -

if you have the navigation useless, so maybe there but Gaiman connected rearview camera?

- - - Updated - - -

sorry for my englsh.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'm not 100% sure I've understood you, were you asking if you can display stuff like a rear view camera on the screen ?

I have done this, well not a camera but an Android phone, see this thread http://hondakarma.com/threads/4571/

The prinicple is the same though, take a video source, convert to RGBs and injected into screen, see the above thread for details.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  10. if i buy satnav dvd player from 08 honda accord,fiting is the same.

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

No, the Facelift CL9 DVD-ROM drive is different to the FR-V drive. They aren't compatible.

12. kckfm New Member Getting Started

Hi all,
    What about Honda FR-V 2006 or 2007 DVD drive. Can I fit it to FR-V 2005 ? Can I just remove FR-V 2005 DVD player with v2 sat nav discs, than install FR-V 2006-2009 DVD player v3 sat nav disk? Can I just swap the DVD players and use same screen?

Thanks!
    SK

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Hello @kckfm, it's usual for new members to introduce them self first (http://hondakarma.com/club/introductions/)

I don't believe you can simply do what you have asked. The vs3 discs and players have voice activated control. The 2005 FR-V does not have the microphone etc.

14. kckfm New Member Getting Started

Thank you!