ICE & HFT Navigation System Diagnostic Mode for the 8th Generation Accord

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Thursday 16th Feb, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Following on from the 7th Generation diagnostic mode thread and continuing with the same theme of troubleshooting the navigation system on the 8th Generation. So far the navigation system has been relatively reliable and free from any gremlins.The first batch of 8th Generation had a habit of not retaining their RDS preset channels but after after software and firmware updates that issue was resolved. I have to say the 8th Generation has far more deep penetrating diagnostic modes than any previous models the list is huge and reassuring to pin point any issues.

I can clearly see all the feedback from the 7th Generation has been applied into this Accord. I say its brilliant :cool:

How do you enter Navigation System Diagnostic Mode for all 8th gens equipped with NAVI?

It is similar to the 7th Generation as shown recently if you are doing anything in the diagnostic mode or anything with related to firmware it always advisable to start the car.

Start the car, and at the disclaimer screen press and hold the three buttons (MAP/GUIDE, MENU, and CANCEL), and keep them pressed for about 3 seconds.

The display screen will go directly to the Select Diagnosis Items menu shown.

AOCUK8thnavigationSystemmodeone.

• Self-Diagnosis Mode (runs the automatic diagnosis of the navigation system)

• Detail Information & Setting (allows you to manually diagnose the navigation system)

Select detail information and settings and then select Unit Check (Quick Check) you will be presented with this screen

AOCUK8thnavigationSystemmodetwo.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks Ceej,i was wondering how to get in diagnostic menu.Nothing wrong,just curious.
    IMAG0241.

Last edited: Thursday 16th Feb, 2012
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Wow missed this thread.. sorry mate

Zoran if you click on the amber icon does it give you any detailed log.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I tried it and there is nothing logged.Will have a play tomorrow again when HH boys finish with the car.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Cheers bud.. keep me posted on your car service. :Wink:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bump for 8th Generation owners who see intermittent or total loss of service,like rear view camera or other devices. A simple task outlined in this thread will get you halfway to understanding the issue.

please can I urge everyone to start searching and rather than asking already answered questions, I am other mods are more than happy to help but the first step has to be initiated by the thread starter.

You will find you will get a FASTER and more directed response if you do the hard bit (searching) Spoon feeding is for children. :Wink:

7. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    I tried this tonight only had one error which I cleared will try it again in a few days see if it comes back on

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    what error was it?

9. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    It said error history clicked on it but had no codes come up

10. royhedger Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

HI,

I entered Diagnostic mode out of curiosity mainly and now every time I turn on the ignition it returns to the diag screen. I have to press (MAP/GUIDE, MENU, and CANCEL) to exit. What have I done wrong?

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I presume you've tried the 'Return' option.
    622-c04c94a54c93bb922177594557fc2969.

12. royhedger Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, tried that and it does exit to the home screen and all is well until I turn off the ignition and restart. Then it's straight back into diagnosis mode.

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Whilst there are some functions that are the same from the earlier models, I think it needs someone with an 8th Generation to clarify this for you.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Take the negative terminal off the battery for a few minutes. then try.