Show Us Your Car Nearly brought a CR-V

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Ray Ambrose, Thursday 13th Jun, 2013.

1. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ray Cambridge
    Went to a Honda special event. Was mesmerised by the salesmen, and nearly bought a CR-V. Nearly let them buy my mint 2008, 56000 miles, milano red Accord EX GT, ADAS, and everything that Honda makes in it..for ten grand. Thank goodness I came to my senses....

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good news you kept your Accord.
    Red with ADAS and other toys it sound like a rare car plus is better looking then CR-V.

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Don't get me wrong, I really like the CR-V but your Accord sounds fantastic - great colour and spec. On the other hand, £10k sounds like a pretty fair trade price for a 2008, even if it is far less than the car is really "worth."

I think the last numbers I saw showed a (standard, non-ADAS) Accord EX holding onto 41% of original value at three years...better than Ford and the like but not as strong as Audi/BMW...although that may change for BMW following BBC Watchdog this week!

4. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Ray,
    I drove the latest gen CR-V this week.
    Compared to Accord, don't doubt. Unless you need space. But in such case, think about a trailer hook, roof case, or an extra Peugeot Partner from 1999 or so... you know what I mean.
    Or rent a van, well yeah, you know.
    CR-V plays in a totally different class, where driving pleasure has another definition and other focusses. I'd prefer a Civic pure for driving pleasure.