Tyres & Wheels Need a good all weather tire for an 8th Generation Accord

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Abbey, Sunday 24th Jun, 2012.

1. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    I'm looking for an active all-season tire that performs well in all weather conditions. Our weather here in Georgia is not extreme but we do have many scorching summer days and the asphalt on the highways is very wearing on the tires. Also, winter is a bit chilly, sometimes. No snow or sleet but lots and lots of rain. A friend of mine recommended the Motivo, as it's available with a 60,000 mile limited treadwear warranty. However, i'd like to get suggestions before making a decision.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A tyre with a wear warranty where do I sign up , i am happy to get 20,000 miles at the best of time on all my four tyres?

bev what is the tyre\tire size on your Accord?

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Not from personal experience, but I've read lots of very positive reviews on Vredestein tyres, especially the Quartrac 3 which is marketed as an "all season" tyre. I was going to put them on my previous VW Tiguan, but had trouble sourcing them as they weren't stocked by the retailers around here.

I ended up going with Goodyear Excellence, which were the VW original equipment. I got 40k miles out of the front, and the rears were still going when I sold it, although I accept every car wears its tyres differently.

The Accord came with Yokohama db tyres. Any ideas how many miles I should get out of the front set?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    My all time favourite tyres just love them to bits :Happy:as for life they can vary form poor to excellent it all depends on the wheel and alignment being in check and the tyres inflated to the correct pressure.

Helen on her car get 38k miles before they get noisy I will get 25k miles on mine. I have seen some to go at 16k miles :Aghast:.

It all depends how harsh you are with your tyres.

5. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Yokohama C drive, not listed as all season but I have had them previously and used them in summer and winter including the bad snow we had while back with no problems at all. Wear was very good to, noise was low and grip very reassuring for a heavy diesel car not sporty but very good and my driving can be spirited at time depending on what I am listening to :Smile:

6. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's tyre-abuse,CJ. You can be charged for those figures!

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I know bud but they you go the price you pay for performance :Blushing:

8. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    Money invested into a high quality tire is money well spent, as it helps protect you and your family while you're on the road. No blow outs from inferior quality tires. Realistically, you could average out the cost over time. And, considering how much use you get out of good tires, it's well worth paying that little bit extra. Some people I know quibble over $20 or $30 here, for a tire. But don't mind blowing that on a dinner out. Once the meal is over, the money is gone. But a good set of tires will last you for a very long time, especially if bought under warranty.