Off-Topic Need to buy a blu-ray player

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Monday 12th Nov, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Guys and Gals

I am on the market for the blu-ray player preferable a Japanese make anyone using a blu-ray player which blows your sock off ...I want to know.

My budget is £150-200 tops I don't want to buy a entry level one.

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ichiban likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have a PS3 and I can't seem to get it working correctly :Blushing: it has subtitles working foreign languages then goes off one and I only hear background noise with no audio ..it really strange.

That pioneer look the part thanks Zoran,please feel free to add more.I would like to save a bit more than a penny of my budget :Wink:

4. alloy36 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Couple of years ago i bought a sony bdp 560 i think. Still going strong and very pleased with the purchase.

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My PS3 work superb since i bought this
    4m PS3 HDMI Cable - Ultimate Blue

That Pioneer was recommended to me by a friend and he is a bit of a geek when it comes to tv,blue rays etc.
    I will keep an eye for you.

6. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You'll get a better picture and sound from a dedicated Blu ray player over a PS3 but it depends on your tv and sound set up.

I would go with either a Panasonic or sony. I've got last years what hifi winner and the sound was a lot better over the previous model it replaced.

I would either get a Panasonic DMPBDT320 or Sony BDP-S790

This is my main TV
    View attachment 5435

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Superdave Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ichiban likes this.
  8. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Worth looking at Samsung also.
    I'm also looking at getting a bluray/dvd player as our sony dvd player is on its way out.
    Currently use the PS3 for bluray.

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Like with my cars I am a little blinkered and I favor Panasonic over the other main stream manufactures,

What hifi review (below) on model I bought. Not top of range more a middle of the road but I find works superbly with the Panasonic TV we have and would highly recomend. Up scales DVDs very well and BLURAY picture quality is superb. Does norm internet stuff takes sd cards blah blah blah.. Not mega bucks either £150 tops will buy a very good quality model. I paid £85 for mine but was a bargain!! Was going for about £130 I think at the time. Richersounds had a special deal it it.

Panasonic DMP-BDT110 review from the experts at whathifi.com

Their comments on the remote are a little harsh as works and is very good quality. Better than the old sony we have which went to the kids to use. The Sony was fine but in comparison which is perhaps not a fair one it had no 3D (no big deal) coulor was not as true or defined as with the Panasonic and upscaling was noware near as good. Also much noisier than the Panasonic and much slower loading.

My Panasonic is an older model (about 8 months old) now and newer stuff is out there BDT320 is a nice machine, my sister has that but let down a little by the Toshiba TV which although good is not of the quality of the Panasonic we have chalk and cheese though.

Panasonic DMPBDT320 Black | 3D Blu-ray Player | Richer Sounds this is a good one but they have cheaper Panasonics to as well as most of the other brands out there, I quite like them as a outfit to very helpful, or at least they were with me.

Good luck bud :Smile:

Ichiban likes this.
  10. stevenk4563 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It's probably worth trying to sort out your PS3 before splashing out on a new one, it makes a great blu-ray player with the optional remote.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have got the remote but what I am facing is really weird!! I have the Bourne trilogy in blue ray .

If I were to inset the disc I can hear all the credits and the first 2 minutes of the movie then all off a sudden the only thing I can hear is background noise and all speech related audio is lost .
    I have checked and rechecked all audio setting but can't get out of this loop? any clues.

12. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton

If other blu-ray s are playing ok then chances are it will be your disc, however if they are all the same - me I would keep the games console for games and invest in a mid range player..

13. stevenk4563 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Do games work ok, and have you got the latest firmware?

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup games work perfectly and the firmware is upto date. I will try another blu ray disc maybe this bourne trilogy has an extended audio setting which can only be turned off in a proper player?