General Never ever Honda!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sev, Friday 22nd Mar, 2013.

1. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The worst customer service I have ever experienced. Had brakedown this tuesday. Car at local Honda garrage waiting for parts possibly till tuesday next week, and Im stuck without replacement car because the car provided by Honda Roadside have to be returned today. Im trying to get to conclusion with Honda Customer Service from 9:00 this morning and nothing. In fact the case is so important to them that guy taking care of it has gone for lunch brake till 14:00. And I have reminded myself at 12:00. Doesn't matter I have to return the car to Enterprise before 16:00, pick up kid from school and do plenty other things without my car - without any car. Well, good bye Honda. Gonna sell this car and never ever bond with you againg. So dissapointed!!!
  2. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Sev,

What Accord is it, whats the failure?

Hope it gets sorted.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If your car is at a Honda dealers and they cannot arrange for parts to be delivered within 48 hours then they have to provide you a courtesy car be that a dealership or Honda logistics . Speak to the service manager.
  4. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

They said thay have no available. What is Honda logistics?
  5. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The dealership doesn't HAVE to provide anything. The warranty covers the cost of repairs and nothing else.

How rude that chap is going for his lunch as well
  6. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

What about Honda Roadside assistance? Thay should provide replacement car. This is a joke. I have just given them another ring (5th today), and that guy, Matt is still away from his desk. Pathetic!
  7. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Just hire one from Enterprise, £20 a day and claim it back off them.

Honda logistics is the parts supply chain.
  8. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Should I call Honda logistics? What number if so.
  9. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

2008 Accord I-DTEC, something with exhaust valve, strong smell of fumes in engine bay
  10. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Claim it back of who? Honda UK or dealership. Mate, either way I would never see this money back. Impossible with the way they treat they customer.
  11. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Its a 2008 so its out of warranty, is the repair covered under another warranty you bought?

To be honest Sev, as its out of warranty your on your own with regard to repair cost and courtesy cars etc.

But keep speaking to Honda customer service and the dealer, they should be able to sort you out.

If you want really bad customer service buy a Ford, Vauxhall or French car...
    John Dickson likes this.
  12. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I start thinking seriously about Kia.
    The car is on extended warranty untill october this year.
    Anyway: Haven above! They got back to me 5 min ago and extended the hire till monday.
    But why so late, why this way, why keep in strees till last hour?? Whyyyy??
  13. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ah, extended warranty.

Glad to hear the car hire is extended.

Modern diesels arent too reliable, I'd recommend petrol, might cost a bit more to fuel, depending on your mileage, but less hassle with repairs. Also cheaper to buy.
    John Dickson likes this.
  14. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry, but that blanket statement is a load of crap. That is all.
    excel monkey likes this.
  15. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

'Oh yes they are unreliable'.....pantomime style.....

Great in warranty and well maintained, but once they get over 5 years old....

Many a wallet has been raided by a modern diesel...

Doesnt apply to yours DK, as you maintain it well and its within warranty, and use it properly, motorways etc.
  16. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I do maintain it - no question. But its no longer under warranty, I must emphasise.

Modern diesels are fine, people who buy them devoid of research are not.
    John Dickson likes this.
  17. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's all in the T's and C's of your assistance and warranty.

Honda nor it's dealers are not obliged to keep you mobile. They offer it as a courtesy for a limited period.
  18. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not sure about this statement mate.

Mines a diesel but I do recognise if I want less possible problems I would be better with a petrol.

Nearly every manufacturer who supply a diesel variant have had problems in recent years. Honda, VAG, Subaru, Mazda just to name a few.

The petrol engine has had a far long time to evolve thus its logical it will be less problematic.
  19. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Ichiban, Is it a UK thing where the parts supply organisation (logistics, wharehouse, procurement, etc..) delivers a courtesy car? Never heard of this.
  20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I didn't pay attention to the fact the Sev's car is out side the three years warranty. However if your car is within standard warranty and a critical parts is on back order the Honda dealership can arrange for car hire on the following creiteria.

Vehicle must be within Warranty.
    Vehicle must be Vehicle off the Road (VOR).
    Critical Customer Order must be raised for part on Back Order.
    Vehicle must be UK spec car.
    Vehicle must be at the Honda dealership.

No sorry buddy to lead you up the wrong tree. You cannot claim for anything,