Brochures & Promo New 2012 CR-V

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by TheDarkKnight, Sunday 1st Jul, 2012.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its about time they launched it here, US has had the 4th Generation CR-V since 2011!

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Arrives in the Autumn - guessing Sept/Oct.

I plan to wait until deciding whether to go for this or the current version of the CR-V. Could even be tempted at a facelift Accord too. Decisions decisions! :Rolf:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Saj

As much as I love Honda and everything the produce but no disrespect to Honda and the English workers you have to really analyse the build quality and the final product from Swindon.

They do produce Honda cars but they don't produce cars to Japanese quality ,It is a constructive criticism and not a whinge and moan.. if you spend 20 minutes with me I will show you so many instance in variation of QUALITY... they are pretty much seismic.

I am all in favour of English workers securing their future and people buying English to support the staff and keep the pound in the country. If you want to buy a Honda in my eyes it has to be Japan as the cars ate solid and craftsmanship is to be admired.

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I can believe it. I have been to two or three different deals in recent weeks to look at 61/11/12 plate CR-Vs and the interior build quality varied wildly, thats why I havent yet struck a deal. The CR-V I drove in the USA recently was solid as a rock, just like the Accord, yet that too is a US-built car, not from Japan.

All else fails, I will buy a facelift Accord again. Maybe a tourer this time...still undecided.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would wait and see what Swindon churns out with the 4th Generation . I never judge a book my it cover and have to see the 4th Generation to make up my mind. The 9th Generation Civic quality is in the right direction but still not perfect.

If you need a Tourer test drive let me know :Wink:

7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I started off thinking about a new CR-V, but it was the interior quality (and C02 level for an automatic diesel) that put me off. I looked at a few nearly new ones, and the plastics were generally quite badly scuffed, which surprised me...but not as much as the difference between the CR-V and the Accord interiors. The quality felt to me like it was from a totally different company!

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This is why I am waiting to see if the new CR-V has the same depth and quality of the USA-built CR-Vs, especially like the top spec one I drove in NY a couple of weeks ago.

It was absolutely amazing and I won't lie, I think I am heading in that direction if the CR-V that comes here is like the one in the US.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The CR-V B pillar plastic trim is known to get scratches easily due to the seat belt buckle catching on retraction. I spoke to a few consultants who work in Magna interiors they make the Civic and CR-V interior trims.

According to them the plastic and trim are made to the letter as per Honda's specifications. I asked so why the variation the between the two factories? The answer I got was "The Japanese vendor have different (better) raw materials and manufacturing methods". We are really good but not perfect.

With all car manufacturers pressing their vendors to reduce the price on everything on year on year basis , the European vendors\manufacturers have a a different philosophy on cost reduction :Wink:.