Pre-Facelift Model New 4th Generation CR-V Owner

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by TheDarkKnight, Saturday 13th Apr, 2013.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yup thats right.

ME! :Happy:

Who'd have thunk it?!

After a long battle with several dealerships around the country, I have finally placed an order for a new 4th Generation CR-V EX 2.2 I-DTEC (manual) in Crystal Black. Arrives late on in May. Very pleased with the package I managed to get, so invariably this means that things off my Accord will be for sale. I will post those up in the coming weeks as I obviously still need them for now.

But overall, delighted to join the CR-V club - the Accord is a superb car in countless ways, but there is no point comparing apples/oranges. I needed a bigger car and the CR-V was the one for me.

DeviateDefiant and RichT like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good stuff more CR-V owners on here!! :Hey:

pro Swindon team will see this a victory of getting a Accord owner out of an accord.:Angry:

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice one
    Hope it serves you well as your Accord and better.:Niceone:

4. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Great news, well done :Thumbup:

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mustn't look at it like that CJ.

This is solely about my personal circs and nothing at all to do with the Accord or Swindonites. The CR-V could have been assembled in Burkina Faso and I'd have still bought it. :Thumbup:

6. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I'll bet you wouldn't :lol: Anyway, congratulations, you won't regret it.

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No regrets at all here - only regret is not doing a deal sooner but I had to wait for the stars to align, so to speak.

Had another test drive today, looks a bit daunting to park due to its size, but overall, I am very happy that I could finally get the purchase under my belt.

8. mickthesaw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Congratulations, I'm seriously tempted too.
    Mts

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks bud.

I know I said I wasnt in a rush for one, but I have a sneaky feeling I will be crossing off the days/weeks on the calendar slightly more often now!

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You need to let us all know which dealer was the deal done and what steps did you go to get what you wanted.

11. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Good stuff DarkKnight, Have to say I think you made an excellent decision. Having owned all sorts of vehicles in the past, I bought my CR-V last October, and it to me is the best car I have ever owned.
    Hope you get half as much pleasure from yours.
    Also great to see yet another CR-V owner here.

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I will CJ - but not before I take delivery.

I don't want to jinx my luck, which has all been pretty bad these last few weeks (I shall say no more on that!).

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks buddy, appreciate the kind words.

Well I have thoroughly enjoyed the test drives, putting it through a variety of missions I use and it is an awesome machine. As said, not fair to compare to the Accord - both are hugely different for their purposes and I still stand by the 8th Generation Accord as being the best damn saloon there is. But for my personal circs, I needed a big car and I am not a fan of estates/tourers and the CR-V was the one that fit the bill.

The SantaFe is slightly bigger and has a longer warranty, but we all know the CR-V will hold its value a heck of a lot better and be infinitely more reliable.

13. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Congrats on buying the CR-V you know it makes sense! As you know I purchased the CR-V 3 and I have not regretted it for a second. The 4th Generation must be fantastic so I am sure you will not regret it.
    The more I drive mine , the more I love it and its great for carrying my grand kids around.
    Once again congratulations on buying a great car.
    By the way parking is no problem once you have had it for a short time .
    Regards
    Mike c
    Message for CJ - did you fill the post of administrator for the CR-V section? I know this man who has just purchased a 4th Generation CR-V !
    Sounds like a good candidate to me . Lol

14. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    I'll second that motion !!

15. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ha! I don't second that motion, if only because I know sod all! One of you existing members that have CR-V experience are more qualified frankly. In all seriousness, ask CJ, he'd be delighted.

MikeC: I did test drive the 3rd Generation as well. Not to take anything away from it, but the 4th Generation is a real step up in many ways. I could have save £10k or more buying a 3rd Generation, but in al honesty, it was very hard to say no to the new model.

16. Lorcan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Congratulations on making your decision. I hope you have have many enjoyable and safe hours driving it!
    I must say I'm a bit puzzled about the length of wait time. As mentioned before, I had mine a couple of weeks after placing the order. Although come to think of it, maybe delivery is dependent on any extras over and above the EX spec that you may have chosen. I was probable lucky also, in that the when the dealer contacted Honda, he was told a crystal black ex manual was going into production the following day and my name had been placed on it. I would have thought though, that you guys in the UK would have delivery quicker than here in Ireland.
    Anyway, good luck with the car and enjoy it!!

Lorcan.

17. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks mate.

Yes it does have some extras, but they are dealer fit ones as far as I am aware, not from factory. As said, considering you got yours in three weeks, I suspect mine will be the same. I had a look with the sales guy on the production list, there was a black one with the horrible Ivory interior (which wouldn't last 5 mins with my young two kids) but I declined and said I would happily wait.

I know there is an ADAS-equipped EX available in black too for delivery now, only one in the country I believe, but the dealer and I were miles apart on price. I simply wasn't prepared to pay the premium for it.

18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Right TDK you have the CR-V lead job ! well done . the wiki for the 4th Generation is 90% there we need your direction and what you want in there.The previous CR-V sections need a lot of attention but hope other CR-V owners will assist you, that the challenge for you.

I and Speedy can collaborate with you on the technical layout and information.:Wink:

19. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LOL

Ok, I accept!

I've never had a CR-V so I will NOT be an oracle of any kind and will welcome any and all corrections to my inaccuracies! Once I get the car, then we can get the CR-V section/subforum rolling with some good momentum. Theres a nice big group of CR-V members here, of which AOC is delighted to have share this community and am sure it will be a worthy endeavour.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, I will keep you updated on build progress etc.

Its in the build system - that was acknowledged on Saturday, 90 mins after the order was placed!

20. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★