Bulletins & Advisories New 9th Generation Honda Civic Wagon to be released

Discussion in '9th Generation (2012-2017)' started by Ichiban, Thursday 27th Sep, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Is this the official demise of the Accord range? if Civic get the wagon \tourer then the Accord is technically sacked.

AOCUK_Civic_Concept (1).

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Honda have gone bonkers :Crazy:

Ichiban and John Dickson like this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am getting very disillusioned each day Honda come out with news which is discomforting to an Accord loyalist. Apart from the NSX and the new Type-R there is no spark left in the current or new line up of cars. Honda Europe is now purely focused on reducing co2 and making cars in Swindon.

John Dickson likes this.
  4. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hate to say it but they seem to be putting themselves into one heck of an awkward position in the market. Accord sales a record rock bottom in Europe. New Civic not selling all that well. What next? The end of Honda as an independant company? Lets hope not but the way things appear to be going...

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda have already started to think the new CR-V and the 1.6 diesel will sell like hot cakes. They had the similar thought of projected sales for the 8th Generation accord. Where is the safety net if these models don't do well. All it takes is the Honda customers and new customer not to take the new models to their liking, and the indications are strong it may happen.

Honda needs to look at the success of Korean , Other Japanese car makers who have reduced priced and increased warranty on thier products they are making cars that people want .. Not a blind faith of co2 sells cars.

John Dickson likes this.
  6. BuffetSlayer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have felt for a while that Honda have missed the point with their model range.

For instance, they said we can't have the FD2 Civic Type-R because its too 'aggressive' for EU market and people would not buy it.

Seriously? I would love one!

Same goes with their decision not to develop an Accord Type-R, and instead introduce a diluted Type-S.

They seem to be one of the only manufacturers that do not have pure sports version of their new cars. I struggle to understand why? Lets face it the VTEC engines are awesome and coupled with Honda's knowledge and quirky R&D, they could see some healthy sales.

They killed the FN2 Civic with the updated model in my opinion. It looks like a plastic toy and design wise lacks what I have come to expect from Honda. Yet conversely, other than some cosmetic changes the Accord is still the same old car it has been for a while. That is worrying, because successive "facelifts" suggest no new model in the pipeline.

Re Type-R - It's ironic that Honda had an irrational and uncompromising passion for sports bred cars that spawned the Type-R lineage, and yet use rational excuses for not developing the brand further. :Blink:

I know much of this does not relate to the OP, but it is just some examples of why I feel Honda have got things terribly wrong recently, and the OP is just another example.

Cheers

Buff

John Dickson likes this.