Introductions New Accord CL9 owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by johnny 5, Friday 26th Oct, 2012.

1. johnny 5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey guys!

I got myself a Type-S just over a week ago and im loving it so far! Im new to the accord but have owned many Civics previously (EP3, B16 EK, B18 EG) and can't get enough of the VTEC! The CL9 is a different type of engine and doesnt have that VTEC kick, but thats not what this car is about anyway! I must admit the handling isnt too bad for such a larger car and very comfy!!

Im loving it, gonna stick some parking sensors on it as im not used to such a large car and parking involving a lot of guesswork! otherwise ur usual goodies, HID kit, led upgrades here and there, will look into lowering it and also look into options of changing the stereo or the xlink thing? Oh and give the car a full service of course! look forward to using this site! Johnny :Wave:

Type-S.

Last edited: Friday 26th Oct, 2012
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome Johnny get some picture up of your car, and not to forget drop me a PM for the club sticker.

3. johnny 5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Ichiban! I have been on this forum the last week but forgot to post a hi in the newbie section!! I need to take some decent pics and one I do, will get some posted up!

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Post them on this thread or upload it to the garage.

5. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello & welcome. Lots of people have posted success with the xlink. Before and after pics of your mods would be great !

Ichiban likes this.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC Johnny. I'm sure this Accord will truly make Johnny 5 feel Alive :Smile:

7. johnny 5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys, i gave the valve clearances a go yesterday, that rocker cover is hard to get out with the A/C pipe in the way, but i managed to fudged it out lol! Car now feels more ALIVE at lower revs, seems to have picked up some more low end torque! but i snapped one of the bolts holding the rocker cover down so its gonna be a trip to Honda and a new bolt, also means rocker cover needs to come off again grrrrrrrrrr!

I also want to look into this xlink, but its not cheap, might just stick my old bluetooth headunit in with the adaptor plate thing...however much that costs!

Ichiban likes this.