Introductions New Accord Owner :D

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dc2blair, Monday 29th Oct, 2012.

1. dc2blair Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Afternoon Everyone,

Honda life started for me when i was 18, Got an EP2 Civic Sport, enjoyed it but it wasnt enough, last year i bought a JDM DC2 Integra for the weekends.
    How smashing a Teg around is fun and all, but its not exactly comfy, so i decided the daily Civic had to go...

Welcome the new accord :Grin:. Always liked them, but never had a place for one, now i do a bit of Milage, i needed something comfortable, with good fuel. So 2 days ago i went out and bought a 2006 I-CTDI executive saloon, Heated leather, nav, the full works. Exactly what i wanted to carry me on my daily travels :Grin:.

As mentioned, my Teg is modified to the hilt, so i probably won't modify this to much, however, my friend works at TDI (Torque Developments International) and i think my arm will get twisted into giving it a subtle remap lol.

Thanks

Blair :Grin:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC, dc2blair. You got all the bases covered there, smooth, comforting ride in the Accord and the bag of fun in the modded DC2 :Smile:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC bud, I too love the DC2 they are great little cars proper old school VTEC . I would love to see your diesel remap results via TDI. There are the few trusted names in remapping :Smile:

4. dc2blair Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think from and old conversation that i had with my friend at TDI you'd probably be looking at 200hp ball park figure, not sure on the torque.

At current the car came with a 3 month warrenty, so im just getting used to driving it and making sure everything is running as it should be :Smile:. ill address power hunting in the new year :Tongue: lol

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just make sure all the known diesel faults are fixed and addressed within this period. Remap will intensive these faults faster.

i.e VSA modulator
    manifold
    timing chain

Then look at a remap from TDI :Wink:

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I can see Cj itching for the results of a TDI remap :Wink:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yeah as they know what they doing unlike cowboys-r-us who challenged them saying they were talking C. It over at Civinfo where TDI challenged the technicalities how it was changed quickly turned from not able answer technical question to being perceived as personal attack.:Rolf:

I know who to go to for a remap TDI or Celtic :Thumbup:

EDIT that thread has been cleaned up now. trying to locate the cache bits on the net.

8. dc2blair Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

See being new to the accord, im not sure what the issues are or entail that you just mentioned.
    I read a small paragraph on the VSA thing the other day, and from what i understood, theres not a lot you can do about it, you just have to hope it dosen't break, else you'll get a huge bill !!

whats wrong with the manifold and timing chain ?