Tyres & Wheels New Alloys!!

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by chockhead, Saturday 27th Apr, 2013.

1. chockhead Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys

Getting a bit excited now. On Monday getting a new set of Team Dynamics Alloys and Yokohama c drives fitted to my Ex Gt.

Previous owner hit a few curbs and has always been a eyesore for me. Then on wednesday getting a bit of tinting done.

Has anyone had theirs done? Any advice??

Will post pics next week!:Smile:

2. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Seal your new alloys with some poor boys wheel sealant or gtechniq g4
  3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Any pics of the wheels you're getting?
  4. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Any hard wax is good to seal wheels. I read that the colinite 476 or 845 stuff is good to use too.
  5. chockhead Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

What will i notice?

Hey all!

Just got my new Team Dynamics Rims on today( too dark to take pics)!!
    Original tyres were yokohama Advans 225 50 17 98y.

New tyres are Yokohama c drive 2, 225 45! 17 94w(168mph).

i know that the 45 is the percentage of the width. But how will it drive?? Just in from work so won't drive it until tomorrow.

I do a 20mile stretch of winding country road twice a day( at a fair lick)

Will it be a more positive drive etc etc etc??

Cheers in advance oh wisened ones:Thumbup:
  6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Housekeeping / threads merged.
  7. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Re: What will i notice?

If those are for an 8th Generation I would send them back immediately. Youve been given tyres for a 7th Generation. They should be 225/50/17 with a 98 load rating. If you've deliberately bought that size tyre then thats up to you BUT if you asked the company for some tyes for your car then theyve supplied the wrong ones I'm afraid.

I had some tyres replaced just for having the wrong load rating last week so they should swap them.
    Last edited: Tuesday 30th Apr, 2013
    i-DSI likes this.
  8. chockhead Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

20130430_150416. 20130430_150352. 20130430_082657.

New wheels looking good! Washed, polished and detailed inside. Windows being tinted tomorrow. Happy Honda Days:Smile:!!
  9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you have an existing thread - please update that existing one rather than start yet another new one on the SAME subject. This is twice in 24 hours you've started two threads both identical about your alloy wheels. Consider this a friendly housekeeping warning. Further threads will be deleted, not merged. You've been told/warned.
    Last edited: Tuesday 30th Apr, 2013
  10. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Chockhead, as Racy Jace says: are you aware you have the wrong tyres mounted on your car? As well for dimensions as for load index.
    You play with your own and others road safety and you put unnecessary stress on your car's suspension and chassis. Hope you did not bought them intentionally and can bring them back.
    Imagine you're involved in an accident... and the insurance of the other party notices these on your car. Your car's designed for certain (limited) tyre dimensions and those tyres need to have the appropriate load index for obvious reasons.
    AccordCU2 and Ichiban like this.
  11. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Those wheels look nice:Thumbup: Definitely a good colour choice.
  12. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The smaller diameter of the 45's will mean the speedo is less accurate (will over read a bit) and the car will be revving a little harder than before at any speed because effectively the gear ratio had been shortened a little. You're probably looking around 2.5mph difference if my brain serves me correctly but there's a great online wheel/tyre calculator that will tell you more exactly.
  13. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    You're right, but that's the last thing to worry about if you're driving on the highway with 4 tyres that are not developped for the weight and forces your car generates, no?
  14. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Those are the wheels fitted to the Civic Ti, the BTCC special edition, nice looking wheels, but I'd get the right 50 section tyres put on.