Tyres & Wheels New Alloys

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Matt Sargent, Thursday 18th Jul, 2013.

1. Matt Sargent Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I want to buy some alloys for my 7gen saloon, as i have massive jammie dodger's for alloys atm little 15" with massive tyres!

I was thinking of getting some 17" alloys but im not sure if 18 might look better?

Any thought or pics would be great!

thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. Matt Sargent Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

15 inch alloys atm, and im not sure tbh i think a multi spoke alloy would look quite good, sorry to be so vague!

4. godzilla84 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i have just bought a set of 17" epsilon alloys for mine to replace the tiny 15s and they look a lot better on the car when i test fitted them. When i have eventually finished refurbing them i will post a pic of them on it. I think 18s look ok but would ruin the ride.

5. Matt Sargent Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers mate, yeah i think im going for 17's with maybe a 30mm drop?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I won't say 18 ruin the drive far from it . I have been running 18" for a good four and half years now and they handling is precise and body roll is reduce, stiffer ride but equally supple with nominal car loading, full laden it become poor as the suspension is half compressed.

if you want to feel a ruined ride try 19 it wrecks the car ride.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Matt if you are going for such a drop you will have to invest in lower rear camber ajuster or top adjusters. Otherwise you will have excessive wear on the rear tyres (Saloon)

8. Matt Sargent Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers mate, Noted