Electrical & Lights New battery trasforms the car.

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by john m, Thursday 1st Aug, 2013.

1. john m Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Last Thursday i had to replace the battery since then the engine is running quieter and smoother i have never encountered this before on any other motor where i have replaced the battery any idea why?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Technically after replacing the battery obviously the battery terminals were disconnected giving it sufficient time for the ECU to reset itself!

So the ECU is relearning the car sensors after it memory was cleared. That the only logical reason I can think for the crisper performance can be also attributed to better Cold Cranking Amps (CCA).

Have a read of this link some really good advise Car Battery Explained

3. john m Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

There was no interruption as a second battery was providing power via the diagnostic socket.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Maybe you didn't have a good connection on your battery terminals before and swapping out the battery, re-tightening fixed this ??

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    how ? can you expand on this?

6. john m Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

There is a wire which plugs into the diagnostic socket that has provision for a PP9 battery and a set of crocodile clips for a 12V battery you can use either
    to maintain power supply whilst changing the battery.
    You can buy these in Halfords or other motor spares shops.

- - - Updated - - -

Battery terminals were tight first thing i checked when it wouldn't start.