Introductions New blonde dumb owner - need help with bluetooth and iphone pleeeeease

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by cj1836, Wednesday 20th Jun, 2012.

1. Hi all
    I have just bought my first Honda - a gorgeous CR-V in black - an Ex - and I am thrilled with it. My two young girls love it sooooo much. Now I can work most things on the car but I am getting soooooo frustrated with the bluetooth. How on earth do I transfer my contacts to the car? I have setup through bluetooth but at the moment can only make calls by shouting out the actual number rather than the name. I can't seem to get to the bluetooth page on the sat nav that I have seen on the internet. I have trawled the internet for instructions and help but can't find anything and there is no bluetooth manual in my car. I am really hoping someone can help me please.
    THanks so much!!
    Claire

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Claire and Welcome to AOC :Hey: Sorry to hear about your issues with the HFT which year is your CR-V ?

From my memory only the Accord 8th Generation has a phone book transfer, I could be wrong but will check once I know the year of your CR-V.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mike C has a new CR-V I am sure we will tag along and advise his CR-V has auto contact transfer.

4. Hiya. It's a 1997 57 plate. Thanks for your help

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Claire,

You will have to add phone contact manually into the HFT system before you can use call so and so.

If you don't have a HFT bluetooth manual you can get it from your local Honda dealer, they are not that expensive.

6. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If yours have voice control I use the "redial" function after quickly dialling and cancelling the number I want. That way it then patches through the bluetooth fine. Hope that makes sense.

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi and welcome Claire:Wave:. Hope that the guys here can help you solve you issues actually you`ve come to the best place really cause this is the place for knowledge and ITS FREE :Smile:

8. Thanks guys. I've now found out how to add numbers now. Now just need to work out my iPod player then I'm sorted. Loving my car.

9. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Welcome Claire

10. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Hi Claire and welcome. Glad you managed to load your contacts on to your HF. I haven't got an iPod but I connected my IPhone 4s using the usb link which is in the small compartment above the glove box. Use the auxiliary button to listen.
    Regards
    Mike c