Introductions New boy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by john m, Saturday 23rd Feb, 2013.

1. john m Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello just joined.
    I have a 2005 diesel CR-V all day comfortable reasonably good on fuel if you keep off the loud pedal (cruise control in at 65 MPH 40 MPG on motorways and 32 MPG round town could be better) BUT with the usual sat nav problems the biggest pile of poo ever put in any car IMO
    so i gave it up as a bad job and got a Garmin from Halfords out performs the fitted unit in every way what were Honda thinking when they specced that as OEM.
    Anyway thats enough moaning it's still a cracking set of wheels i had a M reg Civic for twelve years before that but at 6' 4'' and an old git it was getting to be a struggle folding myself into it,now i just step in and out aaahhhh bliss.
    Looking forward to some good advise from the deep pool of experience on this ere forum.

2. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Welcome aboard John, I am sure you will enjoy the wealth of knowledge and the banter of this forum .
    Mike c

3. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Welcome to the forum John, we're getting a growing CR-V section here, the more the better ...

4. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Welcome John at this rate it will be the CR-V forum featuring Accords:Happy:

RichT, SpeedyGee and Ezeetrucker like this.
  5. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi John - welcome to the site. I too am finding it a lot easier getting in and out of my CR-V compared to a conventional size vehicle :Smile:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome along buddy, concerned you think the sat nav to be of poor quality but you can't please everyone all the time!

I would like to hear your issues to see why you think so strongly about it.

7. john m Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Honda sat nav how long have you got?
    The unit is slow and complicated to programme with the joy stick.
    Due to the complicated nature of the unit with many moving parts and a cooling fan that draws in brake dust and other particles into the unit via the rear of the instrument panel as it has no filter fitted over a period of time this clog's the disc reader and other moving parts causing total failure 'disc reading error' showing on the screen and it needs dismantling and cleaning which is expensive and due to the inherent design faults it will have to be repeated more than once.
    So i gave it up and got a Garmin Nuvi 200 no moving parts touch screen and 1000% improvement on the Honda unit for £100.00 it's not a matter of not pleasing everyone i could put up with it being a PITA to use if it was reliable but in common with all Honda owners i expect better.
    don't take my word for this ask the other CR-V owners on this forum what they think.

Last edited: Saturday 30th Mar, 2013
    AccordCU2 likes this.