General New car delivery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SteveT, Thursday 4th Apr, 2013.

1. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Guys , just had the news that after waiting 4 months already , the ETA for my new car has been put back another 3 months :Angry: not happy , so looks like cancelling it.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No way look at the thread I have posted in the 9th Generation section,production of the 8th Generation is coming to an end.
    The notification is on Honda website

http://hondakarma.com/posts/36754/

I would wait for it mate they will have to make it .. good things happen to people who wait.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    No mate , thats the end of the line for me.

4. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

What was the spec?

5. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    2.4 EX Auto,

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is a shame buddy.:Sobbing:

7. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Yeah ordered parts for it and every thing just had to cancell the parts delivery from Holdcroft, Not a happy bunny with Honda at the moment

8. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry to hear this Steve.Was hoping to see you again in your new car.

9. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Yeah , was looking forward to the meet too

- - - Updated - - -

Guys this has ripped the heart out of me, If Honda don't want 30,000 pound then im sure some other manufacturer will have my arm off for it . Honda do youself a favour and sort out just what your doing with the 8th Generation Accord.

10. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Im in a similar pickle.

I'm literally a pen-stroke away from getting a new CR-V. The problem?

If I opt for a non-ADAS equipped CR-V, I can have it in 3-5 weeks. If I opt for an ADAS-equipped CR-V (which is what I would like), then the wait time is between 20-26 weeks. And that is not guaranteed either. Could well slide even further! :Blink:

12. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

26 weeks to build a car seem a bit ott.Is that hand built or what.
    I wouldn't wait 26 weeks for a car except Ferrari Scuderia (my dream car)
    On serious note why does it take that long?
    Never bought new car so don't really know what's the procedure.

13. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I got a brand new 7th Generation in mid-May 2006. Ordered end of March so that was approx 8 weeks and at the height of the economic boom when car factories WERE busy and it was delayed.

My first 8th Generation was ordered 17th January 2009, delivered 27th January 2009 10 days (yes they had a few made in readiness as it was a brand new model) When that car was written off in Sept 2009 the lead times had already started to slide but not as bad as 4 - 7 months and then they wonder why the Accord SUPPOSEDLY isn't selling :Foolish:. No-one likes waiting these days but yes a lead time is expected given the economics of the time and the unpopularity of churning out cars then trying to sell them - understandable cars standing waiting to be sold ties up massive amounts of capital - far more cost effective to only build when an order is received.
    However to be told 4 months then maybe 7 months is unnacceptable. Honda sort this out and sort it out soon for your own sake! :telloff:

I question if Honda UK sit on Accord orders for a few months (accidentally on purpose) then suddenly come accross them "Oops! We forgot to send this to Japan should've done it months ago!" Of course tactics such as this would not help in anyway to sell Swindon orders over Japan orders now would they? :Blink:

Last edited: Thursday 4th Apr, 2013
    SteveT likes this.
  14. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The reason I was given was because an ADAS model has to "fit" into the production system with parts from Japan, and this takes time - whereas a non-ADAS model doesnt need any production line changes.

15. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I just watched a video on YouTube last night where it was showing Kia's (I think) being built from start to finish and I think they said they produce one every 24 hours. We've had custom spec'd 4x2 trucks with special lifting gear installed in three months, so how come Honda are taking so long for a fairly standard car?

16. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Suppose its the availability of the ADAS parts, they are expensive, so they get them on a just in time basis, no stock held.

Does seem like Honda need to improve the flexibility of their production though, its losing sales and putting off new customers.

Other manufacturers seem to be able to produce very different spec models on the same production line, just adding the option packs at the relevant stages of production.

Did factory tours of Audi and BMW in Germany and totally different spec cars are coming down the same line, custom parts, dashboards, trim, wheels, etc meet the line and are fitted at the appropriate stage. Most suppliers are on site or nearby so a stream of custom parts can be supplied just in time.

Surely Honda must be able to do this?

17. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yet if you buy a Jazz you have no problems.
    My mum just bought a new Jazz, she could have any colour and spec and they were all in stock at the dealer.

So please Honda if you don't want to sell the Accord in the Uk, please make it clear. At the moment all you're doing is alienating potential customers.

John Dickson and SteveT like this.
  18. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Well said Rob, my custom will now go elsewhere im affraid, and the wifes new car won't be a Civic now. Im going to keep the 7th Generation now and im considering getting a Lexus IS 250 in the summer .

John Dickson likes this.
  19. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Might be a blessing in disguise Steve. £30k is a lot of money to put into a model that looks like it will be discontinued this year. I reckon within a year you'd lose £15k, a no one wants big petrols. Depends how long you keep your cars for.

Lexus is a good alternative as you say.

20. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Yeah mate your right, always fancied a big Jag , Ha