General New car, few questions

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Steve8274, Thursday 27th Aug, 2015.

1. Steve8274 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Steve Wigan
    hi all
    First of all, this is my first post so be gentle.
    Recently purchased a 2007 CR-V ex 2.2 diesel.
    However I have noticed my front drivers side parking sensor keeps giving false readings. Are these easy to repair/replace? Do they come out easily or does the bumper need to come off?
    Also there is an annoying squeak from clutch pedal when pressed and depressed. Any ideas? Have looked up at pedal and there appears to be a spring. Could it be this and could I just spray it with something? Wd40 or a lithium grease?
    Thanks in advance
    Steve

Matthewsunnyfrinton likes this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Hi Steve,
    Congratulations on your CR-V
    It's customary to say a few words about yourself in the Introduce Yourself section, so please feel free to do so.
    Also, if you add your CR-V to the Club Garage, she will appear at the bottom of your posts. This helps us when helping you.

I believe the bumper will need to come off to replace the parking sensor. It may be a case of water ingress that has caused your problem. Happy to be corrected on this if anyone else knows more.

Squeaky clutch pedals can usually be rectified with some silicone grease. If you search the site, you will find several useful solutions to this.

3. Steve8274 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks nels.
    Sorry about not introducing myself. I will do that now.
    That's unfortunate about having to take bumper off. Didnt really want to do that on my newly acquired car. Hopefully there is an alternative fix.
    I don't have any silicone grease. Will have a look for some in halfords.
    Thanks again
    Steve

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

If you bought her from a Honda dealer, they should do this for you.

5. Steve8274 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Unfortunately it was a private sale.

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    If replacing the sensors look on eBay as you can get genuine ones at a fraction of the price.

steve4536 likes this.
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma @Steve8274, congrats on your purchase.

8. Steve8274 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorted parking sensor, done a diff flush, just need to sort squeaky clutch pedal now.

Ichiban and FirstHonda like this.
  9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Steve you ought to create a club garage entry for your car, then you can add updates like the above to the Project Log of your car.

10. Al Star Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A new clutch pedal box sorted my creaky clutch pedal issue.. however done after purchase from Arnold Clark.. all good now tho..
    - - - Updated - - -
    PS check your front shocks for leaks..

11. Steve8274 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    My car has a 3 month warranty and I wondered whether or not I could get the clutch assembly or master cylinder changed under this. The warranty does state tho that it doesn't cover wear and tear.
    Would this come under this?
    How did you go about getting it replaced? My warranty is a seperate company than where I purchased car from.

12. Al Star Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Steve.. I had mentioned the creaky clutch pedal to the salesman when I test drive the CR-V and he agreed it was abit annoying however did say he would get it fixed for me before I agreed to buy the car. I picked the car up the next day as it was the 31st July and got 2 yrs free servicing and MOT's and 30 day warranty with A. Clark. I was just told anything that went wrong or I wasn't completely happy with would be addressed or replaced.. So was actually suprised they changed the pedal box as I thought they would have just lubed it up to stop it making any noises.. I did say thou when I dropped it off that it would probably eventually fail and would need replaced.. So maybe they do listen to their customers.. :-D

Nels likes this.
  13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

A very pleasing result @Al Star.
    If you don't ask, you will never get.
    Additionally, many Honda dealers still do what is morally right.

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

It's not the pedal box that actually makes the squeaking noise, it the rod that goes into the CMC.

15. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Hi Steve regarding your parking sensors mine plays up now and again.
    More when it rains.Iv found given them a good clean from the outside sorts the problem out

16. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I found Arnold Clark really good with their warranty also. I bought my MPS from them and they even replaced the rear windscreen under warranty! It's a turnaround they really needed to do as their repuation was pretty notorious but when I bought the car and asked about the used warranty they said it was the equivalent of a new car warranty so fully comprehensive. Shame it only lasted 3 months though.

17. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a rear sensor problem when I first got mine. I ended up abrading the end of the sensor to remove the corrosion; painted over sensor with a bit of matt black and never had a problem since. Honda really should source better sensors for their cars because it crops up a lot on this forum.