Detailing New car, new products...

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by FirstHonda, Tuesday 24th Mar, 2015.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

In advance of getting my new CR-V, I've ordered a load of new products (and some old favourites!) to treat it with.

I was going to go with BMD wax and cleanser (as used & recommended by @wanner69) but they only use PayPal or internet banking for payment, which is no good for me, so instead I've gone for the Dodo "lime & dark" sampler with Purple Haze and Blue Velvet waxes and some Lime Prime cleanser. Not used Dodo waxes before, but they seems to be well thought of, and the other products of theirs that I've used (glass cleaner, shampoo, quick detailers) have been mainly excellent.

For the clay bar and wheel cleaner I've stayed with Bilt-Hamber as I've always been impressed with these products.

Quick detailer I've also gone back to an old favourite, Dodo Red Mist - just wonderful, not had any for a while and it's been greatly missed!

For wheel wax I've decided to try some "Bouncer's" Looking Sweet based on some reviews on Detailing World.

Add to that a couple of new brushes and a new "Wookie's Fist" (short haired) mitt, and I've got quite a big box coming :Smile:

Am really looking forward to getting the car now, and hoping that the weather this weekend is kind...fingers crossed :beach:

I will get a pressure washer and some snow foam at some point, but for now I'll wait and sort the car with this lot first.
    Ichiban likes this.
  2. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Never used Dodo products myself @FirstHonda but only hear good reports about them

I know Karcher aren't the best pressure washers available but their chassis cleaner is reasonably good and it's kept the chassis of my Accord spotless over the winter.
  3. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

I'm sure you will have the new motor prestine
  4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Good Friday weather forecast is looking like a wash out down here, but Saturday looks much do I enjoy the first clean on a new car :Laughing:

Will post some pictures when she is done, and some opinions on the Dodo waxes. I'm planning to try the Purple Haze and Blue Velvet on different panels to see if I can see a difference and which I prefer - as the condition and preparation of the paintwork will be exactly the same at this stage, it is a good opportunity.
  5. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Looking forward to see it all shiny.
    Wish I had time to proper clean my car, inside is screaming for good proper clean.
    Bodywork is scratched and chipped beyond help and will need some Wanner magic or respray to bring it back to full glory.

Fingers crossed you have nice weather on Saturday.
    wanner69 likes this.
  6. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Looking forward to the pics