General New car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nighthawk, Friday 26th Sep, 2014.

1. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    So, my neighbour has finally listened to me and has decided to bin his Vauxhall Astra which has proudly continued Vauxhalls trademark of spending more time in a garage than on the road and decided to buy a japanese car. I have wittled him down to either a Honda, Mazda or Toyota. I have owned all three in different stages so, to be honest, I don't have anything against either make except for Toyota who, over the past 10 years, have let their cabins and standard fall in my opinion.

So, im pushing him for a Honda. Must be a max of 3k budget, must be petrol, and must be a family sized car. Age not a huge issue, but obviously the lower the mileage the better.

What you guys think?

He likes my 7th Generation, so I think even a 7 gen accord would be fine, he is even ok with Civics.

What are your thoughts?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Wow, you can get some really lovely 6th gens for next to nothing money wise. 1200 quid for a 52 plate 2.0 exec with 60k on the clock. Nice.

John Dickson likes this.
  2. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Both gen Accords are good buys tbh. With 3k I'd take a look at 7th Generation - as long as it has FSH then its a good buy.

Nice one on convincing him to buy Japanese though - stick with a Honda and he'll be happy :Smile:

John Dickson likes this.
  3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    His vauxhall is shocking, Im out cleaning my car once a week and he is out there more often than that trying to fix his. Injectores have gone, fuel pump, siezed calipers, wheel bearings, broken springs etc - 53 plate astra - complete heap it really is.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Considering the budget he's not going to do any better than a 7th Generation Accord, I'd push him to get a 2.0 Exec. The 7th Generation Civics are far superior to their more modern counterparts in my eyes, though they still are lacking the level of refinement offered by the Accord.

He could look into a 2nd Generation CR-V?

5. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I convinced a neighour's dad to switch from a long line of Vauxhalls to a Japanese car, he bought a Mitsubishi Lancer (?).

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    He could have picked worse to be fair :Smile:

7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Excuse my language but Vauxhalls always have been and always will be $hyte.

You cannot beat Japanese cars. Mind I've never had anything else so people will say what do I know. I know this much, I don't dare go away and try Eurobox as I know I'm likely to regret it!

Nighthawk likes this.