Announcement New Civic Type-R by 2015

Discussion in '9th Generation (2012-2017)' started by Ichiban, Friday 21st Sep, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Long wait for the Honda fans but we will get a Type-R by 2015 , this was announced by the CEO of Honda on the 21st of Sept 2012.
    Extract from his speech

In Europe, in addition to the introduction of the NSX, Honda will develop an all-new Civic Type-R to fulfill customer expectations. With the application of technologies which will be cultivated through participation in WTCC (FIA World Touring Car Championship) starting this year, the all-new Civic Type-R is being developed with the goal of becoming the fastest front-wheel-drive vehicle on the Nurburgring race course. Honda aims to introduce this model to the market in 2015.
    HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (1).
    HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (2).
    HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (3).
    HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (9).

HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (10).
    HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (11).
    HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (12).
    HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (13).
    HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (14).

HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (15).
    HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (16).

HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (17).
    HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (18).
    HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (19).
    HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (4). HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (5). #
    HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (6).
    HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (7).
    HK_Civic_Type_R_Concept (8).

2. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    Re: New Civic Type by 2015

Sounds good. I wonder how long the Type-R will survive under the current 'green' climate crap

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

it will be a hybrid car maybe turbo who knows, but what is certain it will have to comply with the 2014 Euro 6 emission laws which will be a massive challenge for a lot of engineers.

4. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK

Better would be All new Accord Type-R! :Smile:

John Dickson, SteveL and Ichiban like this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    At the Geneva Motor show the Manabu Nishimae the President Honda Motor Europe give us an update on the new Civic Type-R.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A few high res images for the new CTR, looks nice in satin black

AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (1). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (2). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (3). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (4). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (5). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (6). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (7). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (8). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (9). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (10). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (11). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (12). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (13). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (14). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (15). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (16). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (17). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (18). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (19). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (20). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (21). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (22). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (23). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (24). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (25). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (26). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (27). AOCUK_Civic_Type_R (28).

7. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

8. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    What are your thoughts on the turbo route CJ?

I for one don't like turbos, well not in a Honda or specifically a performance Honda model, so very disappointed with the way Honda has become.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda petrol turbo charging is not a new concept bud, Infact JDM cars have had turbo petrol engines for longer than anyone else on the globe. I might be wrong but this may be the first Honda Turbo Petrol engine to be sold in Europe.

Honda have 30 plus years of Turbo experience, and the recent WTCC Turbos development the lessons learnt have been applied to this new engine. As for the turbo if they are made by Garrett then you should have no concerns they are as reliable as aircraft engines.As for the rest of the plumbing and electronics for turbo charging will be made by Japanese engineers and suppliers, unlike the diesels which is purely German and we all know how reliable German suppliers and vendors are when it comes to reliability.

You will be amazed this 2 liter 280 PS engine will be a gem and a super reliable engine provided the owner is on top of the maintenance regime.

10. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    But they were on the kei cats weren't they? I actually like the sound of the 1.0 and 1.5 turbos they will be releasing they should be good on the smaller models like the Jazz and Civic, however on the Type-R's and performance models I am very much against it. Not concerned with reliability as Honda usually get their stuff right, but I hate the way turbo's drive, they are no way near as engaging or have the throttle response of a N/A and the high revving nature and the noise you get from a N/A VTEC. This was Honda's USP and part of its character, it's gone now, and the next CTR will be just like any other derivative Turbo'd hot hatch. I would actually rather buy a European hot hatch as there is nothing appealing about the new CTR and the euopean offering will be far better drives.

11. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Think of the extra torque,BHP doesn't move cars torque does !!!! :Smile: .

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    When the last time you drove a petrol turbo what I can gather is your assessment is from a diesel. VTEC and Turbo is an ideal match made in heaven a best of both worlds. Your concernes will be quashed when you drive it.