Announcement New Club Chatroom

Discussion in 'Club Announcements & News' started by DeviateDefiant, Saturday 9th Aug, 2014.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    We've added in a small new feature tonight, a club chatroom. It's aimed to be an easy-going place to idly gossip about whatever's on your mind.

To negate the need to continually refresh "Latest Posts", like most do, all new topics and the latest replies will be announced automatically so it can serve as a "one stop" hub to see what's going on.

To make your messages easily visible and distinguishable you can set a permanent colour for your messages, and basic text formatting like bold, italic and underlined text will work. You can also add images which will be displayed as small thumbnails.

There's also a "Pop-Up" mode that will open the chat in a new window, just so you have something to easily minimise when the boss walks in :Laughing:

Once a day, the chatroom will be backed up to the new archive thread by a staff robot account.

Keep it clean, the club rules still apply - any staff member can permanently ban anyone if necessary, you've also got the option to ignore a particular member's messages if you choose to do so. This is very much something I've quickly planned out, so expect some tweaks and modifications over the coming days.

Enjoy.

MickyB, John Dickson and Nels like this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Good evolution for the site. :trampoline:

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I've just removed new thread and post announcements in the Chatroom for the meantime, it's getting in the way of people being able to see what was last said. As I said, everything will be tweaked more over time :Smile:

4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I've just found the chat room. Good addition to the site.