Pre-Facelift Model New CR-V delivered

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Baggytrousers, Saturday 4th May, 2013.

1. Baggytrousers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just picked up my first Honda. A new CR-V SE vtech and I am well initially impressed. After being a Landrover owner for years I've never had a car where all the panels fit !

First impressions are excellent, I've only done 22 miles mind. The fuel economy is showing as 40.2 MPG ! however that 22miles was mostly just a hop down the motoway but with a new 'tight' engine that's pretty impressive.

Also pleased with the quality of the interior and the vast amount of boot space.

The car was delivered with a full tank of fuel which I have never had before in addition to a bunch of flowers for the missus - Excellent service from Graham and the staff at Perth Honda - looking forward to many miles of comfortable and economic motoring.:Thumbup:

2. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Congratulations. You will certainly enjoy your new car.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congrats on the new CR-V!

Is this a new 4th Generation I take it?

Likewise, I am itching to get my hands on my new CR-V later this month! And if you can, please post (lots of) pics!!!

4. Baggytrousers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Aye it's a 4th Generation and brand new. Mine is a petrol as I am retired and I don't do the mileage to stop the DPF clogging up (Bad experience with an X-trail). I will try to figure out how to do the photos over the next day or 2

Cheers

Ichiban likes this.
  5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Pah, Nissan - other words "Renault". LOL

Look forward to seeing the pics. What colour is it BTW?

Glad that we have another 4th Generation CR-V amongst us - just thinking, you may well be the first with a petrol too? Yours must be the 2WD variant I guess?

6. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Baggytrousers,
    Great! Indeed again a new CR-V over here.
    I drove to UK last year in the previous gen CR-V with the 2.0 i-VTEC engine and I own an Accord with the same engine. I can assure you: fun guaranteed (if you're looking for fun...). When not looking for fun: it's an extremely silent, comfortable engine in low revs.
    40 MPG for a brand new engine? You will see this number grow in time, after a few 100 miles. I get 39 from my Accord if I don't (!) drive economically and with rather short trips.
    I can go to 43,5 MPG with some efforts but than it would have been wiser if I would have kept my Civic 1.4 petrol.
    40 MPG is an nice figure to start with!! Have fun.

Last edited: Saturday 4th May, 2013
  7. Baggytrousers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It's passion red !!!! and it is 4WD - I need that as I live in a fairly rural location in Scotland - the road outside my house is single track with passing places hence I need the 4WD for the winter

- - - Updated - - -

I am now retired hence generally only do short trips so a diesel with DPF is not practical - my last car (A LR Discovery averaged about 22mpg hence to get 40mpg I am in heaven

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes - I'm familiar with your neck of the woods as I have an uncle that lives near Perth. Good that its 4WD. I'm still not sold on the Passion Red, but it is a lush colour nonetheless. Mine will be Crystal Black :lol:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Congrats BT you maybe the first 4th Generation CR-V owner with a petrol engine . You engine won't be tight it will be already runned in at the factory so you will get great fuel efficiency from day one . Please do upload some pictures soon.

10. Baggytrousers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Please see some pics as requested
    Cheers

This attachment was lost due to a bug in our old forum software before launching Honda Karma.
    If you are the author of this post, please try and re-upload this image for future members.

- - - Updated - - -

Having a bit of bother posting the pics rather than the attachments - hope this has worked !

This attachment was lost due to a bug in our old forum software before launching Honda Karma.
    If you are the author of this post, please try and re-upload this image for future members.

11. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Pics are not visible for me, BT. You must be doing something wrong?

12. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Nope. It hasn't.

13. Baggytrousers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Still struggling to load the pics rather than attachments - if this hasn't worked would be grateful for any help -------- I am old !!!!

P1000102.JPG P1000101.JPG P1000100.JPG P1000099.JPG P1000097.JPG P1000096.JPG P1000095.JPG P1000094.JPG

14. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Works now buddy.

Fantastic car - the more I see the 4th Generation CR-V, the more irritant I get while I wait for mine!

15. Baggytrousers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Th penny has dropped - thanks for the feedback !

16. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I see you have a tow bar fitted. Is it a Honda or another type?

17. Baggytrousers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It's a Honda bar (non detachable) fitted at the dealer prior to delivery. I have a towbar attaching bike rack and also tow a small general purpose trailer - retired - live in the country - renovating my house - loads of DIY.

18. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I'm having problems with mine - a Honda with detachable bar - but I have a caravan with ATC, and that's the problem.

19. Baggytrousers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am not a caravanner I just tow a small trailer with single electrics - is the ATC some sort of electronic stabiliser that takes its power from the power line on a twin electrics setup? I am broadly aware, though not knowledgeable, that the cambus style electrics on most modern cars can be problematic. My failed light warning light on my last car was confused by simply fitting a non standard (Chinese ?) bulb in the sidelight - it would appear that it doesnae take much to upset the CPU !

20. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    2 accessories? Trunk protection and trailer hook. Both Honda original I suppose?
    I bought such a trunk protection also for my Accord. That's one of the most practical things I ever owned for my car. I love a clean car.