Introductions New CR-V

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Maldwynperis, Wednesday 2nd Dec, 2015.

1. Maldwynperis New Member Getting Started

Wales Maldwyn Penygroes, Gwynedd
    Just bought, no, leased, a CR-V, 1.6, 160ps, SE, diesel, manual, no Nav from our local Honda dealer – only done about 50 miles so far.

Well pleased with the higher driving position and the smooth gear change.

As the SE doesn't have a CD, I've downloaded my iTunes collection to a 4 gb memory stick and it works fine – tried to download my whole collection (8gb in total) onto a 32gb Sandisk Cruzer drive but the Honda couldn't see it. Will buy an 8gb drive to see if that works.

I have an iPhone 4S, it connects via bluetooth to play music, but can't access my phonebook via Bluetooth or when connected by USB cable.

Trying to use my phone's maps app for navigation, but have read somewhere that the 4S isn't recognised – anyone had success with an iPhone 5?
    Zebster likes this.
  2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @Maldwynperis :welcome:

Good choice on the CR-V. Unfortunately I'm not able to answer your questions on the iPhone, hopefully somebody else will be able to help.

When you get a chance do:garage:
  3. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    sorry I cannot help with your issue but welcome to the forum, , I'm sure someone will be able to shed some light on it for you.
  4. Maldwynperis New Member Getting Started

Bought an 8gb SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB flash drive, downloaded all my music onto it – works perfectly!

I used to carry 6 of my favourite CDs in my old car, so a lot more space for other odds and ends in the central bin.

The second USB port is used to recharge our iphones, 3GS and 4S.

Still looking into using the Maps app from my phone to use as navigation via Siri – anyone have any suggestions?

Almost done 500 miles and am pleased with the CR-V – will have to do some further reading of the handbook to find how a lot of features work.
  5. BEA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom BEA London
    You may find the 32GB stick is formatted differently to the others. 32GB sticks sometimes get NTFS formats or larger FAT32 (e.g. 32KB) allocation units than the 16kB units used on 16GB and 4KB units on smaller devices. Any of this can make it spit it out.
    On many simple devices 16GB tends to be the maximum safe size unless you wan to bother with unusual formatting

Zebster likes this.
  6. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Welcome Maldwyn!
  7. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have an iPhone 4S and it all works fine via Blutooth or USB, but I have the Connect system as it's an SR. Phonebook, call history etc. is displayed on the touch screen, as are music menus.
  8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:welcome: to HK Maldwyn.
    Good to read your pleased with your CR-V :gohonda:
  9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  10. Maldwynperis New Member Getting Started

Sorted out my music and am slowly getting used to the car - still flummoxed with MPG figures!

Anybody have any tips? The manual is very uninformative.
  11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@Maldwynperis it isn't just you with the manuals...I think "uninformative" is very polite! :Wink:

What do you want to know on the MPG front? Is it that you aren't getting what you expected, or is it how to see them on the computer?
  12. Maldwynperis New Member Getting Started

Manual is totally confusing regarding the A and B MPG figures.

How do you get the A or the B readings to show – also up to now seem to be getting less than 50mpg even though I am using the Eco button and driving quite sensibly.

13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I just use the buttons on the lower right of the steering wheel to toggle between 'a' 'b' and the other functions seen in the binnacle display.

From memory to re-set them, you just hold the button down once you are on the relevant setting.

It may be different for a car without navigation though.

Regarding economy, I don't think you are alone in getting less than expected out of the 1.6 I-DTEC...

...there are a couple of threads on it, have a look here,
  14. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★