Show Us Your Car New CR-V

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Lorcan, Friday 12th Apr, 2013.

1. Lorcan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,
    First post. Just took delivery of a new Crystal Black CR-V EX Manual on Wednesday, after placing the order three weeks ago. First impressions are excellent! Still trying to navigate my way through the manual. A quick question: Does anyone know what is under the seat of the rear passenger side? I noticed today when I flipped the seats, that there seems to be a portion of carpet stuck down covering something. Can't find anything in the manual yet, and am just a little puzzled. Any answers gratefully accepted.

Lorcan

2. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Lorcan and welcome to the splendid AOC site :Smile: - good to see another CR-V owner here. I'm sure we would like to see some photos if you get the chance.

I know what you mean about the manual, took me ages to go through it and I'm sure I missed a load of facts!

As to your question about what's under the rear seat, I've just had a look at mine.

IMG_0662. IMG_0663. IMG_0664. IMG_0665.

The staples on the carpet attach some velcro strips. When you lift the carpet up, there is a circular something with a pipe or cable. Might be something to do with the fuel tank?

There is also the connector next to the seat belt buckle, no idea what that is :Unknown:

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I think it's this: CAP ASSY., FLOOR MAINTENANCE HOLE

Part number: 74660S1CE00

Looking here I'm sure it looks just like number 24 and not a bad idea to have I reckon :Smile:

4. Lorcan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Rich T,
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I've had a quick look again and your photos are spot on. Have to go to the dealer tomorrow to pick up the navigation manual, which he forgot to include, so I'll ask him, and see if he can shed any light on what this is.
    I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to uploading photos, but I'll get a little expert help in a couple of days and see if I've any success :Smile:.

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lorcan

Glad to have you join.

http://hondakarma.com/threads/1898/

That link will help you to post images. Would be nice to see your black CR-V as thats the same colour I am after too.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  6. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks to me like thats the wires for the fuel gauge and when you remove the metal cover you will gain access to the top of the tank and the fuel pump.

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Correcto mondo

8. Lorcan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks all, for the replies. Spoke with the dealer yesterday and he confirmed what you already told me: namely that the carpet piece is covering the wires for the fuel gauge and the top of the fuel tank.
    Hope to upload some pictures of the car soon.
    Lorcan

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Look forward to your pics :Hey:

Great that your got your car in three weeks. I placed my order yesterday ( http://hondakarma.com/threads/5239/ ) and was told it would be between 4-6 weeks. Not that I mind. But considering yours is an EX Manual in Black, identical to what I have ordered, then I am hopeful it will be a similar timescale.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    we need pictures chaps! when you get your cars :Wink:

please tabs on dealers and get status updates on the order, the new car system give online status if the order has been acknowledged by Swindon , a frame has been assigned a then VIN..

your salesman will be able to look and update you. I hounded mine every week :Rolf: